Christmas Morning Recipes + Tried & True Christmas Recipes
Hello dear friend,
By this time next week, it will be Christmas! And if ever there was a year to celebrate Christ-mas, this is the year!
I am sliding in here at the last minute, with a slam-dunk, make ahead Christmas morning breakfast.
Maybe you enjoy going all out and making a big Christmas breakfast? The last few years I have enjoyed making things that can be prepped the night before and baked the morning of, so I can sit back with my cuppa eggnog and enjoy the morning.
Christmas Morning Recipe Ideas
- Chocolate Chip Croissant French Toast Bake |cause it’s new and my boys all went crazy over this easy dish
- Mock Eggs Benedict | amazingly easy to assemble, tastes dreamy!
- Hashbrown Gruyere & Prosciutto Quiche | Gluten free!
- Overnight Cinnamon Crunch French Toast |Another super simple make ahead recipe.
- Eggnog or Cinnamon Crunch Scones | make ahead, bake in the morning
- Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting | nuf said!
- Candied Bacon (yes, it’s a thing and an amazing thing at that!) part of the cinnamon roll recipe above.
- Chocolate Bread Pudding with Creme Anglaise | decadent, delicious for breakfast or dessert
- Chile Relleno Casserole | delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Coffee Cakes! Gluten Free Coffee Cake, Blueberry Crumble, Apple Crumb Cake or Crisp, Starbucks Coffee Cake, Cinnamon Swirl Bundt
We have had some cooler weather, with a little of snow, so it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Colorado.
The above picture is a little Christmas baking vignette on my kitchen counter. I found this darling mixing bowl at Home Goods and the rest I’ve had for several years.
We have a window box in front of our home and I enjoy decorating it with fresh greens and sugar pine cones every year! It was prettier the other day with a fresh dusting of snow.
TRIED AND TRUE CHRISTMAS RECIPES
Most if not all of these recipes can be cut in half for smaller gatherings, but I do pray that you are going to be with a few people you love this Christmastime.
What’s The Fresh Cooky Cookin’?
- Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya (Instant Pot or Stove top) always a winner and simple too!
- Barbacoa Beef for Street Tacos | nom-nom!
- Grandpa Frank’s Spaghetti Sauce and Calzones, so easy, so versatile!
Free Printable Christmas Goodie Gift Tags
These Christmas gift tags have been a HUGE HIT! And I am so excited that so many are downloading them, making Christmas that much easier!
Yes, Christmas looks a lot different this year, but I bet some shepherds minding their own business a few thousand years ago, didn’t expect what they got either! Let’s go into this Christmas with open hearts, kindness on our lips and a huge dose of love in our hearts. Christmas is about LOVE!
This Christmas musical narrative of It is Well with My Soul with Hugh Bonneville is amazing, if you have never heard the story behind the hymn, take the time to watch this beautiful narrative.
This is one of my very favorite hymns and is so much more meaningful when you know the story behind the hymn!
If you are looking for a church to “attend” for Christmas, this is one of my favorite pastors, they stream their service weekly.
Merry Christmas my friends, thank you for being on this journey with me!
- Turkey (or Chicken) Divan | Great for leftovers
- Stocking Stuffers for Teens | new ideas included!!
- Best Cookbooks for 2020 | brand new with gift pairing ideas!
- Hammy Sammies | fabulous for leftover ham and always a favorite!
Thanks for hanging out with me today, you my dear reader are a HUGE gift to me and my family!
P.S. Check out last weeks Fresh Fridays, for more great ideas and recipes!