As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
A list of delicious make-ahead Thanksgiving (or Christmas) side dishes that will make return appearances to your holiday table year after year. These recipes are tried and true, family and kid tested. Updated for 2021. These time saving, some last minute recipes will return to your table year after year!
Plus, I’m providing tips on a stress-free Thanksgiving holiday, even if you are starting late!
Looking for fabulous Thanksgiving recipes! Here are a few must try desserts that you can make ahead too: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, Gluten-Free (or not) Apple Crumb Pie and this gorgeous Pear Bundt Cake. And this Traditional Tiramisu is always a hit and is better when made ahead1
Each year, I plan on making my Thanksgiving plans way in advance; menu, setting the table, cleaning the house, planning the day out, making some dishes ahead – but then life, life just happens. Can anyone relate?
TIPS FOR A STRESS FREE HOLIDAY MEAL
While we all want the picture perfect Thanksgiving meal, one thing I’ve learned through years of entertaining is to relax more, not worry about everything being spotless!
- Broom sweep your floors, after all, your perfectly mopped floors will once again be dirty after Aunt Freda accidentally drops her plate on the floor.
- Declutter what you can and clean your bathrooms, on that I must insist!
- Set your table a day or two ahead of time.
- Make as many dishes as you can ahead of time.
- Be ready for your guests; if you are running behind, be sure to get yourself ready first, nobody likes to arrive with their host upstairs with wet hair.
- You can always ask your guests to help set the table, put finishing touches on things, carve the turkey, put together an appetizer, pour a drink! Why not, they’d love to, wouldn’t you if asked?
- Relax, put on some relaxing music and breathe, put a smile on your face, stop and sit with your guests.
Best Thanksgiving Make Ahead Sides
Think about what is on your menu that you can make ahead and plan on making one every few days, from now until Thanksgiving, or better yet, ask those who are joining you to bring along a side or two. I cannot tell you enough the one thing I’ve learned about having people over is to ask, don’t do it all alone!
FABULOUS MAKE AHEAD THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES
To with your sides, you are going to want to bake up some warm, tender rolls or bread:
- Easy Yeast Rolls (great for beginners)
- Sweet Molasses Brown Bread Rolls
- Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
- Sweet Buttermilk Cornbread
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits (biscuits & skillet bread)
- Cheddar Beer Popovers
- Cranberry Walnut Bread
Whether you are joining others or hosting Thanksgiving yourself, I pray that it is filled with deep gratitude, I pray you are able to find oodles of reasons to be thankful and that it spills out of you onto others around you!
A Thanksgiving Psalm
Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth.
Serve the Lord with gladness and delight;
Come before His presence with joyful singing.
Know and fully recognize with gratitude that the Lord Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, not we ourselves [and we are His].
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with a song of thanksgiving
And His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, bless and praise His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy and lovingkindness are everlasting,
His faithfulness [endures] to all generations.
Psalm 100 (AMP)
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and comment below the recipe!