Ready in 10 minutes, this creamy pumpkin fluff recipe is filled with fall flavors. It tastes like pumpkin pie and cheesecake in dip form. Whipped together with real pumpkin puree, cream cheese, real whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices.
Most pumpkin pie cheesecake dip recipes are made with instant vanilla pudding mix and Cool Whip, but not this one, this pumpkin fluff uses real food ingredients. Plus, with one easy substitution, you can make it low-carb pumpkin fluff!
Why You Will Love This Creamy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Quick and Delicious – In just 10 minutes, have a tasty and easy dessert, perfect for pumpkin season!
- Fun Fall Treat – Whether you enjoy this creamy pumpkin fluff dip as a dessert, snack, or appetizer; great for pumpkin lovers.
- Simple Recipe – With just a handful of ingredients and some mixing, you’ll have a delicious fall Pumpkin Pie Dip!
Why not switch things up this year and make this delicious, thick, and easy pumpkin fluff recipe that tastes like creamy pumpkin pie without the pie crust?
Dive in with your favorite dippers such as gingersnap cookies, Nilla wafers, graham crackers, Biscoff cookies, fresh fruit, and more! A big hit at your next fall party, Halloween party, or Thanksgiving feast.
I enjoy giving precise details in my recipe posts to lead my readers through any questions. If you’re just here for the printable recipe, you can Jump to Recipe to head straight there!
- Cream cheese | Choose your favorite quality brand as one of the recipe’s primary ingredients and make sure it is room temperature.
- Heavy whipping cream | For fluffy pumpkin dip, whip your whipped cream before you get started and keep in the fridge.
- Vanilla | Warm and rich vanilla extract enriches the flavor; use high quality so that the flavor shines through (not shown). Be sure to also try my bourbon vanilla, which adds a special touch!
- Pumpkin Puree | Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling – They’re often next to each other at the grocery store.
- Powdered sugar | Use regular powdered sugar (also called confectioners sugar) or sugar-free powdered sugar for Keto Pumpkin Fluff.
- Pumpkin pie spice | Make your own using my Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe or use purchased premade Pumpkin Pie spice.
How to Make this Easy Pumpkin Dip Recipe
Start by whipping the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, place in the fridge until ready to combine. If desired, sweeten the whipped cream with a little powdered sugar following my Cool Whip Substitute recipe.
Next, use the whisk attachment on a stand or hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- Although unnecessary, you can add extra sweetness by giving the whipped topping a splash of vanilla and a tablespoon of sugar.
- Remember to set the cream cheese out to bring it to room temperature before adding it to the recipe.
Then, mix the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices until it is light and creamy.
Fold in the prepared whipped cream and gently stir until everything is combined. Lightly mix to mix well if needed.
Ready to create your platter? Serve your homemade pumpkin dip with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, ginger snaps, pear slices, apple slices, or your favorite shortbread cookies, and dig in!
- If desired, sprinkle the top of the dip with ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice– Yum!
- Remember that this recipe does not require a hand or stand mixer, although it helps to mix the ingredients, making them light and fluffy.
Who else is ready for all things pumpkin this season?
For more, search on my website for pumpkin desserts and other new recipes that are perfect for Halloween parties and other seasonal events.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Fluff Dip
This simple pumpkin dip recipe is naturally gluten-free.
Sugar-free Pumpkin Dip
Make this recipe with only sugar-free ingredients! Substitute the powdered sugar with a sugar-free alternative, like Monk fruit – Easy!
Keto Pumpkin Fluff (Low-Carb)
Pumpkin dip is easy to modify for any dietary need, including keto and low-carb! Swap the powdered sugar for sugar-free powdered sugar (my favorite brand). Skip the crackers and fruit, and serve like a mousse or a parfait; serve in a small ½ cup dessert cup with a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream. It’s like eating pumpkin pie without the crust!
Here are some other easy ways to make this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip recipe keto-friendly.
- Use full-fat cream cheese.
- Replace powdered sugar with a little less sugar-free replacement, like Besti Natural Powdered Sugar Substitute.
- Reduce or omit pumpkin pie spice (more carbs) and replace it with two teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Vanilla Extract | Try bourbon vanilla extract for a richer flavor!
- Heavy Cream | Swap the heavy whipping cream for softened whipped topping (Cool Whip), if preferred.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to keep your pumpkin dip thick and fluffy is to store it in the fridge when it’s not being served. As the dip sits at room temperature, it loses its thickness and may become runny.
Sure! Pumpkin spice mix is easy to make on your own. Use my simple Pumpkin Spice recipe for a homemade version of the store-bought product.
Good news! The dip is often better after sitting in the fridge for about an hour or overnight. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container.
Storage Tips for Fruit Dips
Refrigerate Leftover Dip – Save leftover pumpkin dip or make it ahead by storing it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. I do not recommend freezing this dip.
What to Serve with this Recipe for Pumpkin Dip
Best dippers for Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip is a delightful dessert or appetizer; several dippers pair well with its creamy and sweet flavor. Here are some of the best dippers for pumpkin fluff dip:
- Graham crackers: Crunchy and have a great contrast; use regular or gluten-free.
- Vanilla wafers also called ‘Nilla wafers, are a great and easy dipper.
- Cinnamon graham crackers: For an extra burst of cinnamon flavor, try cinnamon graham crackers. The warm spice pairs wonderfully with pumpkin.
- Ginger snaps: The spiciness of ginger snaps are a delicious contrast to the sweetness of pumpkin fluff dip.
- Pretzels: Pretzels offer a savory, sweet, and salty crunchy option.
- Biscoff or Speculoos Cookies (from Trader Joe’s) with their spicy flavors make great dippers!
- Apple slices: The crisp, slightly tart apples provide a refreshing contrast to the rich pumpkin dip.
- Pear slices: Similar to apple slices, pears are a great option.
- Shortbread cookies: The buttery richness of shortbread cookies can add a luxurious touch to your pumpkin fluff dip. Try making your own, they are easy!
- Biscotti: Crunchy and a substantial dipper. Try these espresso biscotti!
- Marshmallows: Try making your homemade marshmallows!
- Chocolate graham crackers or chocolate-covered pretzels: For those who love chocolate, consider chocolate graham crackers or chocolate-covered pretzels.
- Cinnamon pita chips: These have a delightful crunch and the added spice of cinnamon that complements the pumpkin flavor.
Ultimately, the best dippers for pumpkin fluff dip depend on your personal preferences. You can mix and match these dippers to create a diverse and enjoyable dipping experience for your guests.
Holiday-Worthy Sweet Dip Recipes
- Easy 3-Ingredient Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip Recipe
- Easy Oreo Fluff Dessert Dip Recipe (No Cool Whip)
- Best Chocolate Fruit Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Cream Cheese Dip for Fruit
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
Easy 3-Ingredient Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip Recipe
With three simple ingredients in 10 minutes or less, you have a silky and sweet fruit dip to serve a crowd for family gatherings or work events.
Best Chocolate Fruit Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
This easy 4-ingredient chocolate fruit dip recipe is made without Cool Whip or marshmallow fluff, is lower in sugar and doesn’t compromise on flavor.
Easy 3-Ingredient Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
You’ll never buy store-bought fruit dip after making this simple 3-Ingredient Cream Cheese Fruit Dip served with all your favorite fruit platters!
Best Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
This Cranberry Cream Cheese dip is not only easy, is perfect for the holiday season. 4-ingredients to this cheesy, sweet-tart, salty and savory hot dip. Using homemade or leftover cranberry sauce, this cream cheese cranberry dip will be raved about at your next party.
If keeping pumpkin fluff out for more than a couple of hours, place it in a larger bowl filled with ice to keep it chilled.
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and leave a comment below the recipe!
Best Pumpkin Fluff Recipe (Pumpkin Pie Dip)
Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- Tovolo Silicone Spatula set
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream whipped (may sub with 4 ounces cool whip, softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (try bourbon vanilla extract too!)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ – 1 cup powdered sugar or use a sugar-free powdered sugar, such as Monk fruit for low-carb
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form; if desired, add a splash of vanilla extract and a tablespoon of sugar (though it doesn’t need it), set aside or store in fridge of making ahead of time.
- Using a hand or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until blended and creamy.
- Add pumpkin puree and spices, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the whipped cream and stir until everything is combined. You can use the mixer on low to assist in getting the ingredients blended well, but don't overmix.
- Serve wth graham crackers, Nilla wafers, gingersnaps, Biscoff cookies apple and pear slices or your favorite shortbread cookies and enjoy!
Pumpkin dip is easy to modify for any dietary need, including keto and low-carb! Swap the powdered sugar for sugar-free powdered sugar (my favorite brand). Skip the crackers and fruit, and serve like a mousse or a parfait; serve in a small ½ cup dessert cup with a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream.
Use full-fat cream cheese, and replace powdered sugar with a powdered sugar-free replacement, my favorite brand.
Reduce or omit pumpkin pie spice (more carbs) and replace with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Storage
You can store this dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you do not eat this dip immediately, it should be placed in the fridge.
Leave this dip on the counter for about 1-2 hours before it returns to the fridge.
We like sprinkling the top of our pumpkin pie dip with some ground cinnamon or spice.
Using an electric hand or stand mixer will make whipping the dip together much easier and quicker, but it is not necessary.