These turkey sliders will be on the dinner table in 45 minutes! With only 15 minutes of prep, these fantastic leftover turkey sliders on fluffy and sweet Hawaiian rolls, dripping with cheese and bright cranberry sauce are great after Thanksgiving or anytime!
The best part, make-ahead instructions are included for this easy meal! These amazing turkey sliders are also an easy appetizer for game day, the perfect party food, and can quickly be warmed up in the crockpot.
What is it about a leftover turkey sandwich with all the fixin’s after Thanksgiving? I love repurposing leftover turkey in different ways, like in these basic turkey and cheese sliders, these leftover turkey tacos, and this turkey divan.
I enjoy giving precise details in my recipe posts to lead my readers through any questions. If you’re just here for the printable recipe, you can Jump to Recipe to head straight there!
Why You Will Love This Recipe for Turkey Sliders
- Crowd-Pleasing Recipe – Whether you’re making an easy dinner after the busy holiday, everyone will love leftover roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, and sweet bread roll!
- Use Leftovers – You can’t let extra Thanksgiving turkey or cranberry sauce go to waste!
- Make it Yours – If you have other Thanksgiving leftovers, load up the sliders with all your favorites! Or add some of your go-to sandwich toppings, like Dijon mustard and red onion.
Simple Ingredients for Best Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- Dinner rolls | I use Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls; any small soft dinner rolls will do.
- Cream cheese | Soften the cream cheese to room temperature to spread on the rolls.
- Cranberry sauce | I prefer whole cranberry sauce, not jellied. Freshly made or canned will do the trick! Try making this cranberry sauce from my cranberry cream cheese dip! YUMMO!
- Turkey | This is the perfect chance to use your leftover turkey! Try my Air Fryer Turkey Breast, use sliced deli turkey breast.
- Cheese | You can use your favorite melty cheese slices for this recipe, but I prefer havarti cheese. Cheddar cheese is also great!
- Butter | Top the rolls with seasoned melted butter. If using unsalted, add ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt to the recipe.
- Garlic and onion | Mix fresh garlic, pressed, and dried minced onion to the buttery topping.
- Salt | Toss in a pinch of kosher salt.
- Worcestershire sauce | Don’t skip this ingredient; it adds amazing flavor! Use Lee & Perrin’s if you are gluten-free
- Poppy seeds | Sprinkle the buttery rolls with poppy seeds, if desired.
How to Make Leftover Turkey Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
First, preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C) and lightly grease the baking dish.
Slice the soft Hawaiian rolls in half without separating and place the bottom half in the prepared baking dish.
- Slice the bottoms slightly thicker than the tops to avoid soggy buns.
Spread the softened cream cheese onto the cut side of the bottom of the rolls.
Now, place the layers of turkey and cheese on top of the cranberry cream cheese and place the top half of the buns on the turkey.
Mix the melted butter, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and salt in a pourable container like a measuring cup, to make the pouring easier. If you only have a small bowl, it will do fine.
Stir the butter mixture well and pour it evenly over the tops of the buns, using a brush to brush the sides with the decadent butter sauce. Finally, if desired, sprinkle the poppy seeds evenly over the top. Now they are ready for the oven.
Then, cover the dish with foil and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the hot and cheese melts. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the tops are crispy and golden. Allow the sliders to cool briefly, then serve while hot and melty! Enjoy!
- Remember that the cream cheese should be softened to spread easily. You can also use whipped or spreadable cream cheese if preferred.
- For an even crispier roll top, remove the foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
Sliders are easy to make and are always a hit! For more slider recipes, try my delicious Philly Cheesesteak Sliders, buttery Cheeseburger Sliders, and Easy Meatball Sliders, all made with fluffy Hawaiian rolls!
Variations & Substitutions
Cheesy Turkey Sliders: If you’d like, swap the cheese for melty Swiss cheese, provolone cheese, brie or another favorite type of cheese. Use cheese leftover from your Thanksgiving charcuterie board.
No Thanksgiving Turkey? No Problem: You can still enjoy these delicious and easy turkey sliders without having leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Grab pre-roasted turkey or deli meat from the grocery store, make it with ground turkey, or even use rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Garlic: If necessary, use garlic powder instead of the fresh garlic cloves.
Brown Sugar: I don’t use brown sugar in this recipe, like in my Ham and Cheese Sliders or my Roast Beef Sliders, if desired to have a sweet sauce, add 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the butter sauce.
Tips for Two
If you’re making this recipe for two, use only half or a quarter of the Hawaiian rolls and save the rest for another time. Use the button on the recipe card to easily reduce the servings and measurements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sliders are small sandwiches typically made with rolls or mini buns. They are miniatures of larger sandwiches, like hamburgers, Phillys, ham sandwiches, and many more.
Slider buns are usually small, bite-sized, and soft. They are often sweeter than a traditional sandwich bun, like the famous Hawaiian rolls. However, mini burger buns, small sub rolls, brioche rolls and dinner rolls are also common.
Absolutely! This is an excellent recipe to make ahead. Just prepare all the fillings and assemble the sliders to keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. Then, add the buttery sauce, pour it over the rolls, and bake as directed. See the details below on how to make ahead.
Trimmings and pieces of leftover Thanksgiving turkey stay fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days. So, don’t forget to sneak in this delicious roasted turkey leftovers recipe before the Monday after Thanksgiving! Or place in freezer for optimal freshness.
Turkey fresh on Thanksgiving day is absolutely delicious! But most would agree that Thanksgiving dinner is almost always better the next day. This is because the meat has had time to really absorb all the seasonings, butter, and whatever else you tend to cook your holiday turkey with.
Fridge – After the sliders are cooled, transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to three days to enjoy later.
How to Freeze Turkey Sliders
First, let the sliders cool completely, then move them to an airtight freezer-safe container or plastic bag to keep for up to 6 months.
How to Reheat Turkey Sliders
A great way to reheat or keep sliders warm for a game day gathering is to wrap the individual sliders in aluminum foil and set them in a crockpot on warm or low. You can also reheat the slider in the oven set to 350° F (175° C), returning the leftover sliders to the baking dish and covering them with foil. Then, bake them for 5 to 10 minutes, removing the foil for the last few minutes.
Can I keep sliders warm in a crock pot?
Yes! Using your crock pot is a great way to keep them warm, grab-and-go style! Allow the sliders to cool for about 10 minutes, then wrap each slider individually in aluminum foil, place in a crockpot, lay some paper towels or a clean tea towel between the lid and the crock (this catches any condensation) and place the lid on, turn the slow cooker on warm or low at the most.
Make Ahead Hawaiian Roll Sliders
To avoid soggy rolls, make turkey sliders as directed but hold off on the butter sauce until just prior to baking. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours or freeze up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw overnight in fridge, brush on butter sauce, then bake as directed, adding 2-3 minutes. Remember to remove your plastic wrap and replace it with foil.
What to Serve with Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Sliders Recipe
Remove the foil for the final 10 minutes of baking for crispy Hawaiian rolls with golden brown color.
Best Holiday Drinks for Turkey and Cheese Sliders
Enjoy a lovely holiday beverage alongside these delicious leftover turkey sliders. Cranberry is the perfect way to go, so try this Cranberry Spritzer, Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini, or tasty Cranberry Bourbon Sour Cocktail.
Spiced Holiday Pomegranate Sangria Recipe
This Spiced Holiday Pomegranate Sangria Recipe is perfect for the upcoming months. Sip on this winter sangria with beautifully blended flavors of punchy citrus, tangy pomegranate, honey, herbs and spices, and your favorite red wine.
Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini
This Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini is a sweet-tart; bright, delicious and festive holiday cocktail! With easy make-ahead cranberry simple syrup.
Cranberry Bourbon Sour Cocktail
Cranberry Bourbon Sour cocktail recipe, made with 4 simple ingredients. Smoky bourbon, fresh lemon juice, 100% tart cranberry juice, lightly sweetened with cane sugar simple syrup! A low sugar, all-natural drink, perfect for fall and winter celebrations. I love seasonal, simple, delicious bourbon cocktails; especially cocktails you can easily modify into mocktails! If you love
Best Desserts to Serve with Leftover Turkey Sandwich
Enjoy even more festive cranberry flavor with these Lemon Cranberry Bars, or keep it classic with Apple Pie in miniature form! Another excellent choice is this easy and fun-to-make Crockpot Peanut Clusters recipe!
Cranberry Christmas Cake Recipe with Butter Sauce
I can’t imagine the holidays without this easy Cranberry Christmas Cake! It’s a doubly good dessert or breakfast treat with tangy cranberries and a rich, warm vanilla butter sauce. This cranberry cake is sweet enough to tantalize a smile out of any grinch. Plus for those baking a high altitude cake, I've got the perfect adjustments for you!
Lemon Cranberry Bars
Lemon Cranberry Bars are refreshing and bright with sassy and sweet tones. They are wonderfully refreshing after a big meal and so festive with layers of yellow and red.
Easy Mini Apple Pie Recipe in Muffin Tin
An easy mini apple pie recipe in your muffin tin. With a simple sugar cookie crust, a quick homemade apple filling, a drizzle of caramel, and a buttery streusel topping.
Best Easy Crockpot Peanut Clusters Recipe
5 ingredients and one hour is all it takes to make crockpot peanut clusters that are delicious year-round! Decadent milk, dark and white chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips melt with crunchy peanuts for slow cooker candy that the whole family will love.
More Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole (or leftover turkey) – good and super easy!
- Turkey Divan Recipe (or chicken) – Delicious!!
- Easy Leftover Turkey Tacos Recipe
More Sliders Recipes
Sliders are kind of my thing; enjoy these other popular slider recipes.
- Breakfast Sliders
- Easy Baked Meatball Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
- Best Philly Cheesesteak Sliders Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pizza Sliders Recipe with Hawaiian Rolls
- Best Baked Funeral Sandwiches (Ham and Cheese Sliders)
- Easy Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls (30 Minute Meal)
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and leave a comment below the recipe!
Easy Baked Turkey Cranberry Sliders Recipe
Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- STAUB Rectangular Baking Dishes
- 1 pkg Hawaiian Rolls such as King's, or use gluten-free, Keto, brioche slider buns
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups whole cranberry sauce not jellied, fresh or canned
- 2 cups leftover turkey cut into bite-size pieces or shredded, or use sliced deli turkey
- 6 slices havarti cheese
- ½ cup salted butter 1 stick, melted (salted or unsalted, if using unsalted add ¼ teaspoon kosher salt)
- ½-1 teaspoon garlic pressed, about 1 clove, or replace with 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175° C) and lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Without pulling the rolls apart, slice them in half lengthwise, so you have a bottom half and a top half of attached buns. Slice the bottom slightly thicker than the top
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish and spread the cream cheese over them.
- Next, spoon on the cranberry sauce and gently spread over the cream cheese.
- Evenly distribute the turkey on top of the sauce, finish with a layer of cheese, then put the top half of the buns on top.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt in a measuring cup or another pourable container. Stir well, then pour over the tops of the sandwiches. Sprinkle the poppy seeds all over the top.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- If a crisper top is desired, remove the foil during the last 10 minutes of baking
- 12 ounces cranberries or frozen (do not thaw)
- 1 cup sugar, I used all-natural cane sugar, or white sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed is best
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup water