Happy Memorial Day weekend! Before we get to all of the great potluck and BBQ food, I want to take a moment to give honor to those who have died while serving our country.
I deeply respect, honor and greatly appreciate their sacrifice as well as the sacrifice of their families. I hope we all take a moment to pause and give thanks for what each of these valiant men and women did for us.
Two New Drink Recipes
I have been having some fun with drinks lately and I wanted to share these with you!
Blueberry Gin Cocktail aka Blueberry Gin Gin Fizz
Get a load of this gorgeous cocktail, layered with fresh blueberry syrup, Ginger beer (or your favorite mixer), hint of mint and lemon, then topped with gin, Empress1908 Gin in this case.
Strawberry Refresher (non-alcoholic)
A light, bright and fresh drink that has two simple ingredients, making it so easy to make even for a crowd!
Memorial Day Barbecue and Potluck Recipes
I have loads of great recipes for your Memorial day barbecues, picnics and potlucks!
- Mediterranean Layered Dip
- Easy Tomato Bruschetta
- Guys go crazy for this Sausage dip
- Blender Salsa & Quick Guacamole
- Antipasto Dip
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Oven Baked BBQ Beef Brisket
- Best Hamburgers Ever (make with bison, beef, chicken or turkey)
- Marinated Grilled Pork Loin
- Coconut Lime Chicken
- Best Corn Casserole without Jiffy Mix
- Cowboy Baked Beans with Bacon
- Cheesy Funeral Potatoes
- Italian Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
- Bacon Balsamic Macaroni Salad
- Pickled Red Onions (Refrigerator method)
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Rhubarb Salad
- Patriotic No Churn Ice Cream
- Best Key Lime Pie
- No Bake Easy Tiramisu
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake — Try the chocolate one too!
- Best Old Fashioned Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mile High Mud Pie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake
- Red, White and Blue-berry Parfait
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Best ever!
- Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies (use red, white and blue jimmies!)
- S’Mores Chocolate Cookies
Don’t forget the carbs, I mean bread!
Thanks for hanging around! May God bless your weekend!
P.S. Be sure to browse through last weeks Fresh Fridays for more great recipes!