An addictive, easy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad, a coleslaw if you will. Loaded with bright flavorful veggies and crunchies, holds up well under heat and is dressed in a reduced sugar sweet-sour dressing.
Make it for dinner or a luncheon, add shredded chicken, toss in some crunchy water chestnuts, peanuts, cashews or chow mein noodles to enhance it even further, I have even put in diced fresh avocado!
ASIAN RAMEN NOODLE SALAD PERFECT FOR POTLUCKS & PICNICS
I love this wildly popular salad recipe, it holds up well in most types of weather and stays crispy and fresh long after other salads have wilted. So what makes this one different?
All-natural ingredients, that’s what! I have a personal vendetta against MSG and other ingredients I can’t pronounce, this recipe uses simple ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry or fridge without sacrificing taste!
How to Make All Natural Asian Dressing
Many of the recipes out there call to use the packet from the ramen noodles in the dressing. We call those “Cup O’ Sodium” in our family, have you read the ingredients?! EW! I have recently found these Organic Ramen Noodles and they work beautifully for this dish and they are a decent meal, in a pinch.
But I digress back to the dressing, place all of your dressing ingredients into a mason jar with a tight fitting lid, shake wildly; it will still separate, but at least you have a start.
Please don’t replace the Toasted Sesame Oil — if you have never cooked with it, you are in for a treat!! And it stores beautifully in the fridge.
All Natural Asian Salad Dressing
Before you put that jar in the fridge though, use it to gently crush the ramen noodles, you don’t want them smashed to smithereens, but small, even chunks. Now go put the bottle in the fridge, sorry, I’ve been told I’m bossy!
Please preheat your oven to 350° — note, the please!
Next for the BEST part, the “CRUNCHIES” as I call them.
Toast in 350° oven for 5-7 minutes, shake them about half way through, you want them lightly toasted.
Once your “crunchies” are toasted, set aside to cool completely, it won’t take long.
ASSEMBLING THE SALAD | COLESLAW
Try these other delicious recipes along with this Asian salad:
Sharing on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️star rating in the recipe below!
Asian Ramen Noodle Salad is powered with crisp cabbage, organic ramen noodles, mandarin oranges, toasted almonds, sesame seeds, green onions, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro, cashews; dressed in a sweet-sour (reduced sugar) Asian dressing.
- 2 bags of shredded cabbage (I use 1 bag regular mixed coleslaw and 1 bag angel hair)
- 1 pkg of ramen noodles, uncooked (I like Koyu, Organic Ramen Noodles), crushed, toasted
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup (heaping) slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small can water chestnuts (optional)
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie cooked chicken breast (optional)
- 3-4 sprigs fresh chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews (optional garnish)
- 1 cup oil (I use grapeseed or avocado)
- ½ cup rice vinegar (or white wine)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (Tamari, Bragg's Liquid Aminos or GF Soy all work)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (I used, natural cane sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make your dressing. Pour all dressing ingredients into a mason jar, with a tight fitting lid and shake until combined. Use the bottle to gently crush the ramen noodles (in package), then store dressing in fridge until ready to use.
- Place your almonds, sesame seeds, and crushed ramen noodles onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for about 5-7 minutes, watch closely - you want them just golden. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Combine cabbage, noodles, almonds, sesame seeds, green onions, chicken and mandarin oranges, water chestnuts (optional) toss to mix up. Shake dressing until combined again, pour over salad, mixing well. Refrigerate for an hour or two for best flavors. Add chopped or shredded chicken for a meal.
- Before serving, sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and roasted cashews (optional). If you don’t plan on having any leftover, you can also add some chopped romaine, but it will get wilty if left over.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware 8 Piece Covered Bowl Set, Multicolor
OXO Good Grips Little Salad Dressing Shaker, Black
Clear Glass Wavy Salad Bowl, Mixing Bowl
Eddington 50012 Italian Olive Wood Salad Server, Handcrafted in Europe, 2-Piece Set, 13-Inches
Mini Glass Pitcher 9 ounces
Ball Mason Jars Wide Mouth 32 oz Bundle with Non Slip Jar Opener- Set of 4 Quart Size Mason Jars - Canning Glass Jars with Lids
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate.
I enjoy sharing easy recipes that are wholesome and delicious. I am fed by my faith, family, friends & food! Welcome to my kitchen! Read more...