Be transported to the tropics with this delicious, bright Tropical Fruit Salad! Loaded with mangoes, blueberries and any other berries you want to toss in! All topped with an all-natural light lime dressing. Perfect side dish for Easter, Mother’s Day, a summer barbecue, potluck or any occasion you want a light and fresh, all-natural fruit salad.
MANGO FRUIT SALAD
A tropical delight, bursting with flavor and colors with a zesty lemony zing, lightly sweetened with honey and the natural sweetness of the mangos and berries.
How to Tell if A Mango is Ripe?
How do you get at that fresh, soft, juicy, OH-SO-FLAVORFUL flesh! How do you tell if a mango is ripe? The mango should not be hard, but should yield gently to a little pressure, like an avocado.
Some people are intimidated by cutting a mango, it’s easier than you think, let’s give it a go. After washing the mangoes, stand it up on end with the stem facing you, mangoes are slightly wider where the flesh is, slice straight down, turn the mango and do the same thing on the other side.
If the seed isn’t too big, slice “around” the seed to get a smidge more mango. Here’s the seed, big buggers aren’t they!?
Next, slice the “halves” into slices, slipping the knife just below the skin and the flesh and then chop your slices into bite size pieces. Place in bowl, wash blueberries, and any other berries, drain and pour into bowl.
Add honey (try agave or maple syrup for vegan) to your slurry mixture…
Next add your orange juice to your slurry and stir; you can certainly do fresh squeezed, but I did use bottled here! Pour over your mangoes and berries.
Gently stir to mix, allow to sit for an hour or two for the flavors to mesh. If making ahead for more than an hour, refrigerate until ready to serve.
If desired, add additional berries and some fresh mint. Delish by itself or with additional berries. As always, make it your own!
I’m telling you this is one amazing tasting tropical fruit salad, different and more zesty, lightly sweetened and vibrant than any I’ve ever had!!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️star rating in the recipe below!
- 3 ripe mangoes, washed and diced
- 2 pints blueberries (or if using other berries, reduce by a pint)
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey (vegan: replace with agave or maple syrup)
- 1 lemon, including zest and juice from half
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 pint blackberries (optional)
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (optional)
- Place cut mangoes (see post for how to) and wash berries placing in a bowl.
- Grate zest from lemon into small bowl. Squeeze ½ of the lemon and add to zest. Add honey, to taste, sometimes if mangos and berries aren't too sweet you'll need a bit more, finally add ½ cup orange juice to zest.
- Pour dressing all over the fruit, tossing gently to cover and if time, refrigerate a couple of hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mikasa Delray Bone China Round Pasta Serving Bowl, 13-Inch
- EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board 18 x 12
- 2-1/2 Quart Porcelain Serving Bowls - Salad/Pasta Bowl Set, White, Stackable
- Wusthof Santoku knife 5 inch; Black
- Microplane 46116 Spice Grater - Rasp with Soft Handle - Made in USA - Red
- Pampered Chef Small Batter Bowl - 32 ounces
Serving Size:1 ser
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 7gSugar: 40gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate.