A collection of 12 delicious Winter Soups & Stews that will warm you from the inside out on a cold winter night, autumn evening or spring afternoon.
What is not to love; dinner in a bowl, chock full of vegetables, many of them hidden, so they are totally kid friendly. Plus they fill you up without feeling heavy, can be made in large or small quantities, and are freezer friendly.
What Side Dishes Go with Soup
A warm bowl soup or stew is great all on its own, but if you really want the whole “comfort food” feel to dinner or lunch, then these recipes are perfect to accent your delicious soup!
- Homemade Croutons! Shut the front door, these are so delicious on many of these soups or tossed into a salad.
- Try a crisp green caesar salad (from my friend Norine at Norine’s Nest)
- Bread! Bread is a must! Try these easy yeast rolls, Russian Black Bread or Oatmeal Dinner rolls, Brown Bread Rolls, or these quick and easy Cheddar Beer Popovers
- Since you are having a lighter meal, then dessert is warranted! Try this Zucchini Bread, Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream or a fancy Tiramisu.
- Hot Buttered Rum, have you tried one? Warms you from the inside out!
Recommended Tools for Soup & Stew Making
- Many of my soups and stews are made in the Instant Pot or Crockpot and these are my favorites!
- A great knife is a must, this knife is my favorite and I use it almost exclusively; along with this easy to clean eco friendly cutting board!
- A good blender or immersion blender is a must for smooth and creamy soups, or go all out and go for the King of Blenders, Vitamix!
- A set of soup bowls is always nice, but certainly not a must.
Also try my 3 powerhouse Immune Boosting Recipes to compliment your soup making prowess! (I’ve always wanted to use that word in a sentence!)