As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
A collection of the best Winter Soup recipes and simple crockpot meals that will warm you from the inside out on a cold winter night, autumn evening or spring afternoon.
Who doesn’t love a satisfying and delicious soup?! Here are a few of our very favorite soups and some reader favorites too! You will get some of the best recipes, from how to make broccoli cheddar soup, to our favorite vegetable beef soup recipe!
From winter soup recipes in the slow cooker or instant pot, we’ve got some of the best right here!
The Fresh Cooky Favorite Soups
What is not to love; dinner in a bowl, chock full of vegetables, many of them hidden, so they are totally kid friendly.
Plus they fill you up without feeling heavy, can be made in large or small quantities, and are freezer friendly.
What Side Dishes Go with Soup
A warm bowl soup or stew is great all on its own, but if you really want the whole “comfort food” feel to dinner or lunch, then these recipes are perfect to accent your delicious soup!
- Homemade Croutons! Shut the front door, these are so delicious on many of these soups or tossed into a salad.
- Try a crisp green caesar salad (from my friend Norine at Norine’s Nest)
- Bread! Bread is a must! Try these easy yeast rolls, Russian Black Bread or Oatmeal Dinner rolls, Brown Bread Rolls, the Cheesiest Garlic Bread, Homemade Naan and these quick and easy Cheddar Beer Popovers
- Since you are having a lighter meal, then dessert is warranted! Try this Zucchini Bread, Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream or a fancy Tiramisu, or these stupid simple Chocolate Lava Cakes.
- Hot Buttered Rum, have you tried one? Warms you from the inside out!
Recommended Tools for Soup & Stew Making
- Many of my soups and stews are made in the Instant Pot or Crockpot and these are my favorites!
- A great knife is a must, this knife is my favorite and I use it almost exclusively; along with this easy to clean eco friendly cutting board!
- A good blender or immersion blender is a must for smooth and creamy soups, or go all out and go for the King of Blenders, Vitamix!
- A set of soup bowls is always nice, but certainly not a must.
Also try my 3 powerhouse Immune Boosting Recipes to compliment your soup making prowess! (I’ve always wanted to use that word in a sentence!)
More ways to serve soup
- An Italian soup would be delicious with these Air Fryer Raviolis
- Pair this recipe for Pretzel bites with the broccoli cheese soup and the Beer cheese soup.
- Need something quick? Make these Cheddar Beer Popovers or these Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
- Something a little more artisan? Make this delicious Cranberry Walnut Bread, Irish Soda Bread or these easy Yeast rolls.
Don’t forget to PIN to your Favorite Soup Boards!
About Kathleen Pope
Recipe Innovator | Food Photographer | Food Writer
Hi, I’m Kathleen Pope. Here at The Fresh Cooky you will find easy, mostly from-scratch, trusted recipes for all occasions. From speedy dinners to tasty desserts, with easy step-by-step instructions. I am here to help teach you how to make mouthwatering recipes without spending hours in the kitchen. Read more about Kathleen here.