Fresh Fridays, November 20
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
Let the countdown begin…
“When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on.”— Theodore Roosevelt
Whether this is your first time hosting Thanksgiving or your 40th time, this is the post for you!
Maybe it’s just two of you? Maybe your immediate family? Maybe a few more? Here’s my insider tip of the week…
Do what you like! You don’t need my permission, but if you are like me, sometimes you need someone to tell you, it’s okay to do something different.
- Making a full Thanksgiving dinner? Go for it! I wrote a comprehensive post last week with tons of recipes for Thanksgiving dinner, all recipes can easily be cut in half for smaller gatherings.
- Consider ordering dinner from a local restaurant or grocer, like Whole Foods; give yourself the grace to do that too! Pssst you just might want to order early!
TRADITION GOES OUT THE WINDOW
Here are a few ideas:
- How ’bout Mexican | Chile Rellenos, Cheese Enchiladas, Chipotle Chicken, complete with White Queso, and Salsa!
- Comfort Palooza | Wild Rice Supreme, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Sweet Molasses Brown Bread, or Cheesy Funeral Potatoes.
- Fancy, but not Turkey | Red Wine Braised Short Ribs (wowza), Wild Rice Harvest Salad, Rustic Mashed Potatoes, or Potatoes Au Gratin, Honey Balsamic Brussels and easy yeast rolls.
- Thanksgiving Brunch | Cinnamon Crunch Overnight French Toast, Dutch Baby Oven Pancakes, Mock Eggs Benedict, Cinnamon Scones, Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake, Chocolate Bread Pudding (make ahead), Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake, Easy Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls and finish with this bright Tropical fruit salad.
Have questions? I try and answer my emails in a timely manner, I will be online most of the day Wednesday, feel free to shoot me your Thanksgiving questions!
NEW RECIPE! If you do make a turkey, chances are you might have some leftover, introducing the American Classic — Leftover Turkey Divan! Creamy, full of great flavors and topped with leftover stuffing or butter crackers.
- Christmas Simmering Spices (great as a gift or for yourself)
- Cookie Dough as a Gift (make your neighbors day this week)
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp (great to make for a holiday breakfast or dessert!)
- Cranberry Walnut Bread (I’m sensing a theme, great food gift ideas!)
- Key Lime Pie (why not, it’s easy, make ahead and so fresh tasting!)
Give thanks this week! I am thankful for YOU!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7
P.S. Check out last weeks Fresh Fridays, for more great ideas and recipes!
VISIT THE FRESH COOKY’S AMAZON SHOP
About Kathleen Pope
Recipe Innovator | Food Photographer | Food Writer
Hi, I’m Kathleen Pope. Here at The Fresh Cooky you will find easy, mostly from-scratch, trusted recipes for all occasions. From speedy dinners to tasty desserts, with easy step-by-step instructions. I am here to help teach you how to make mouthwatering recipes without spending hours in the kitchen. Read more about Kathleen here.