As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
I am throwing tradition to the wind, cause 2020 is that kind of year…today I am bringing you a brand new, chocolate-y pumpkin-y dessert, several lighter and quick dinner ideas, plus 36+ Traditional Thanksgiving Menu Ideas perfect for small gatherings!
So what do chocolate and pumpkin have in common?
They are both smooth, rich, earthy, creamy and my family loves chocolate way over pumpkin.
I have made some sort of chocolatey dessert for the holidays as long as we’ve been married (we just celebrated our 20th anniversary this past week!), like these amazing Mini Chocolate French Silk Pies or this looks fancy, but is so easy Triple Chocolate Torte — all because I know my honey and boys love chocolate.
What’s a pumpkin lover married to a chocolate lover to do? Enter a chocolate pumpkin fusion! Drum roll please….
Introducing Chocolate Pumpkin Graham Crisp, that’s a mouthful, and you should put a spoonful in your mouth, because it’s that good! The texture is part cobbler, cake-y, pudding-y, soft and wonderful with a crunchy graham cracker crisp topping studded with chocolate chips and chopped pecans, served warm with a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream melting on top….drooling yet?
I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away, check out all of these fabulous Traditional Thanksgiving Menu Recipes, tried and true, for Family dinners or larger get togethers.
Lighter Meal Ideas
And before we start loading up on heavy, decadent holiday foods, here are some ideas for lighter and simple meals!
- Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya | stovetop or Instant Pot a winner every time
- Healthy Crack Chicken (make tacos, enchilada’s, or eat on a salad)
- Beef & Broccoli | Light, done in 30 minutes, delicious.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup | simple, delicious, make in crock pot or stovetop
- Italian Wedding Soup | quick and easy and light and flavorful
Thanks for supporting a small business this week and for hanging out with me, I am beyond blessed!
All of these lists have been carefully curated over the years and they are updated regularly with new items, with price points for every budget.
- Stocking Stuffers for Tweens and Teens (and college students too) My most popular gift list, recently updated.
- Gift Guide for College Guys
- Great Gift Ideas for College Girls
- The Best Gift Ideas for Entertainers