Well, here we are — another Fresh Friday (yay!) and another month almost in the books! Wow, I cannot believe it will be November on Monday!
I wanted to pop in your inbox to give you some ideas for what to cook (and bake) this weekend!
With it being Halloween and all, I always feel in the mood for a big old pot of chili and cornbread! Why does chili seem like “Halloween food”?
Below I show you some amazing chili recipes — one BRAND NEW! You will LOVE IT!
I am heading to California for a girls weekend today — I am just a wee bit excited!!! We have been friends for more than 40 years (eeks). Friends before Jordache jeans and IZOD shirts were popular, yes, I am talking about the late 70’s! We met as teens and our friendship has never stopped!
Be sure to follow along on my Instagram stories this weekend!
This picture is from last year, we took several but for some reason they came out grainy, this was the best — I will have to remedy that this year! Read more about our longtime friendship in my post for Blueberry Crumb Cake.
Friendships are precious to me, but they take work, although it does not feel like work to me — I highly recommend investing in friends! Best ROI on the planet!
What to Cook for Dinner this weekend!
True confessions, I am not a fan of Halloween, oh sure when our boys were little I loved dressing them up and going trick-or-treating with them, but now that they are older, let’s just say, it’s not my favorite day of the year.
But I always love a bit ol’ pot of chili in the crockpot or the stove on Halloween night and this year it’s supposed to be a chilly one!
- NEW RECIPE!! Colorado Pork Green Chile or Chile Verde — oh friends, you have to try this recipe. Even wimpy ol’ me loved it! Make as a chili, soup, appetizer, save the leftovers to smother over a burrito or enchiladas!! So versatile!
- Firecracker Chili | Truth be told, I am not a huge chili fan, I don’t know why, it just is. But, I discovered this chili years ago and it still is my favorite. In fact, friends and family who have tried it LOVE IT! It has some unique spices you don’t expect in chili! Give it a go!
- Cornbread | Well you can’t very well enjoy chili without a big honkin’ slice of cornbread, okay, maybe you can, but really this Sweet Buttermilk Cornbread is the best of the best, and takes minutes to whip up!
- More Bread Ideas | I highly recommend this Nana Liz Bread (aka the best Cheesy Garlic Bread in town), or another fan favorite are Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
What to Bake this Weekend?
- Another brand new recipe you are going to adore, these Soft Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies are dee-licious! Puffy, cakey, but chewy Pumpkin cookies with butterscotch chips. Like muffin-tops,I hope you give them a whirl!
- Easy Chewy Blondies Recipe are perfect this weekend or safe for after Halloween, and chop up some leftover Halloween candy to put in them!
- These Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies have been saved literally thousands of times on Pinterest; 48,000 and counting! Are you still on Pinterest? I am!
- Be sure to pop over to my new HOME page, I have sections dedicated to Fall Favorites, Fall Sweets and Fall Drinks!
Sur la Table is having a huge sale this weekend! I love this store and am now an affiliate, so if you purchase anything from these links, I will receive a small commission — that doesn’t cost you a dime! These little things help me continue bringing you fabulous free recipes! Same price as you would pay online or in the store!
Vortex Air Fryer ==> up to 55% off! Air Fryer and Rotisserie, this baby can just about do it all!
And finally, the Le Creuset Cast Iron 3 qt Oval Baker — seriously, check out their sale this weekend!
Don’t Forget About your Holiday Shopping!
It’s practically NOVEMBER! Shipping times continue to be impacted as well as supply chains and I personally am a “shop early, shop often” for the best deals kind of girl!
- My most popular gift guide is my Stocking Stuffer Ideas! So many great stocking and gift ideas!
- Best Gifts for College Guys is another great gift guide, loaded with ideas, plus gift ideas for college girls too!
- My personal favorite is this Gift ideas for the Entertainer in your life!
- Get in the spirit of the season with these great Best Family Advent Devotional Books
- All of the best Cookbook ideas!
From the Kitchen Gifts | I love a personally made delicious gift from the kitchen, so it stands to reason that others do too! Here are my favorites:
- Homemade Vanilla Extract or Bourbon Vanilla Extract is a beautiful, thoughtful gift for the baker, these have free printable labels for gifting!
- Lemon Antibacterial Hand Scrub or this Strawberry Sugar Scrub both make amazing gifts.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix is a great gift to give a baking friend.
- Sunday Pot Roast | Perfect comfort food for a lazy weekend.
- Autumn Squash Soup | Silky, healthy and filling.
- Start your weekend with this delicious Pumpkin Honeybun Coffee cake.
- Fluffernutter Whoopie Pies | Just make them!
- Cowboy Baked Beans | Just the best ever!
PSSSTTT — Did you know that clicking the links to the recipes on the blog is what ultimately provides the means for me to bring you fresh, new recipes each week! FREE TO YOU!
Visit The Fresh Cooky’s Amazon Shop
P.S. Be sure to browse through last weeks Fresh Fridays for more great recipes!