The weather has been gorgeous this week, while I adore snow (yes, truly!), I cannot help but appreciate the stunning bluebird Colorado sky days — seeing neighbors and families out walking in the afternoons makes my heart happy!
As I mentioned last week, I am not a resolution girl, however; after all of the sweets and rich foods we ate throughout the holidays, don’t we all crave lighter, healthier recipes!
I have been working on this recipe for awhile, getting it just right, a brand new recipe just for YOU, my dear readers!
Ready for it?
Yes, you can eat cookies for breakfast, especially when they are loaded with bananas, pumpkin, almond butter, oats and more. Not gluten free? That’s okay, these are fabulous for the gluten-full as well as the gluten free.
Regular flour option provided, should you prefer to make them gluten-full.
Our oldest is heading back to college tomorrow, I am so tickled that he will be back in-person; a little bittersweet to see him go for sure, but he has been home since before Thanksgiving. Wink-wink!
I am sending he and his buddies with a batch of these healthy breakfast cookies for the long drive as well as my “famous” Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, that should get them out of Denver at least! 🙂
Do you have songs that just speak to you? This music video of Zach Williams and Dolly Parton’s, “There Was Jesus” speaks to me! He is with us friends! I hope you know that!
Football Playoff Recipes
With a few playoff and wild card games this week, I figure some of you might be looking for some delicious, all-natural recipes to serve!
After eating my Healthy Breakfast Cookies I think I can easily afford to splurge a bit on these delicious game day recipes.
More great recipes from my blogging friends!
- Grandpa’s Scrabble Mix from my friend Norine at Norine’s Nest.
- Easy Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip from my friend Sheila at Life, Love and Good Food!
- Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Nachos from my friend Chellie at Art From My Table
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn also from Chellie
- Boiled Peanuts (Spicy or Plain) from my friend Nikki at Soulfully Made
- Sausage Bean Spinach Dip also from Sheila
- Roasted Olives from my friend Lynn at Nourish and Nestle
- Also check out this post on Super Bowl Recipes
- Jalapeno Cheese Spread also from Lynn
What’s The Fresh Cooky Cookin’?
- Easy Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya| a regular on our menu!
- Tortilla Soup | an old post and needs updating, but the soup is SPOT on!
- Calzones | these are a long time family favorite using my secret sauce!
- Traditional Scottish Shortbread | the simplest, best cookie ever!
- Homemade Chai Tea Latte | Such a great afternoon pick-me-up
- Mile High Mud Pie | apparently we’re still celebrating!
This continues to run through my mind throughout everyday, a great reminder “…and the government will rest on His shoulders.” from Isaiah 9:6 brings me much peace and comfort! See you next week!
P.S. Check out last weeks Fresh Fridays, for more great ideas and recipes!