How are you today? Go ahead, scroll to the end and shoot me a quick comment! I love it when I hear from my readers!
Since I wrote my last Fresh Fridays post, school has started for our high schooler and our college son headed back to school. The house is much quieter these days (and maybe a bit cleaner) ;-). But I sure do miss him being around, we are inching towards empty nesting, one more year and we’ll be there.
We also hosted a going away party for my brother and his family, they are moving out of state. Since we had so much going on this past weekend; we just ordered pizzas and I made some nibbles (including a delicious caprese salad) until the pizzas arrived. I am going to miss my brother and his family, he’s my “baby” brother and we have a special bond.
Today, we are going to talk about how to use some of those delicious garden veggies you have been growing, neighbors have given you, or perhaps you bought at the Farmer’s Market. Plus, my favorite garden fresh recipes, the tool of the week and my favorite music video of the week.
Amazing Appetizer or Vegetarian Main Dish
Have you ever made a tomato pie? You are in for a scrumptious, savory treat! If your garden is bursting with tomatoes, you will love this simple and tasty way to use up some of those tomatoes. I made this with Heirloom tomatoes, which are gorgeous and amazing, but you can use any tomatoes (even cherry or grape tomatoes).
This simple layered pie starts with a store bought crust, layered with delicious goat cheese, caramelized onions, heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil and if desired bacon!
A GREAT APPETIZER TO USE UP FRESH SUMMER TOMATOES!
Click the button below for the recipe for Heirloom Tomato Pie
More Recipes using Fresh Garden Ingredients
These recipes use common ingredients typically prolific in your garden near summer’s end!
- Fresh Tomato Bruschetta | If you have never made your own bruschetta you have GOT to try this one, super simple and the flavors scream in your mouth!
- Easy Mediterranean Dip | Freshest, of fresh, using all the garden goodies; like cucumbers, tomatoes, add bell peppers, quick pickled red onions and more!
- Refreshing Cucumber Cooler | This refreshing drink using fresh cucumbers and either fresh basil or fresh mint, this mocktail or cocktail is the perfect summer cooler! We call it adult spa water.
- Rich Chocolate Zucchini Cake | Believe it or not, there is a boatload of zucchini in this delicious, moist chocolate cake! That makes it healthier, right? 🙂
- Snickerdoodle Zucchini Bread | A healthier, flavorful, moist zucchini bread with a cinnamon sugar twist. Or try this Lemon Zucchini Bread (pardon the pictures, need to update).
- Zucchini Corn Fritters | seriously, I’m going to keep bugging you to make these, they are so delicious!
Or try these amazing salads and bowls; Chicken Cobb Salad, Maple Apple Pecan Salad, Grilled Chicken Shawarma, Copycat Chipotle Chicken Bowl, Delicious Antipasto Pasta Salad, The Best Summer Salad Recipes and remember this super fresh Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Okay, this tool has nothing to do with the recipe this week, but it is seriously one of my favorite tools!
Do you love soft butter, but hate leaving it on the counter, especially in the middle of summer? Well, I have an answer for that! Butter Bell Crocks are the best, you fill the bottom with a little water, fill the bell shape with your butter, store it upside down (the water forms a seal) and Bob’s your uncle, you have fresh soft, butter all the time!
I actually have two of them, one for near the toaster and the oven near the stove, the two places I use butter most often! Love them, have had them for years!
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie | so simple and so scrumptious!
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake | A winner every single time!
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream | really, so chocolatey and creamy!
- DIY Sugar Scrub | Great for the kitchen sink or bathroom and makes an easy, cheap gift!
- Firecracker Chili | an easy slow cooker meal for these busy days! (BONUS: You can put shredded zucchini in this chili, so delicious!
- Grandpa Frank’s Spaghetti Sauce | Another winner-winner, it’s Italian for dinner! AND you can sneak zucchini in this recipe too! In fact I encourage you to do so!
P.S. Did you know that clicking the links to the recipes on the blog is what ultimately provides the means for me to bring you fresh, new recipes each week! FREE TO YOU!
I will leave you with my favorite music video for the week! I know your toes were tapping and there is a smile on your face! I am so grateful for each of you!
God bless your week!
P.S. More great recipes and ideas on the last Fresh Fridays post!
Visit The Fresh Cooky’s Amazon Shop
I enjoy sharing easy recipes that are wholesome and delicious. I am fed by my faith, family, friends & food! Welcome to my kitchen! Read more...