Have saucy shredded pork sliders on the dinner table in no time! The ingredients are simple: tender BBQ pulled pork, creamy coleslaw, French-fried onions, and melty cheese on Hawaiian rolls. You will be surprised with how mouth-watering this easy recipe is!
Sliders are one of those delicious recipes that will make it’s way onto your weekly menu and show up at family dinners and game day or Super Bowl parties.
I enjoy giving precise details in my recipe posts to lead my readers through any questions. If you’re just here for the printable recipe, you can Jump to Recipe to head straight there!
Why You Will Love These Shredded Pork Sliders
- Crowd-Pleaser – This pork slider recipe will make any crowd happy, from the friends you invite to a game day celebration, hosting family over the holidays, or feeding little ones on the weekends.
- Easy Meal – Pork sliders are easy to make and use simple ingredients.
- Customizable – Put a personal touch on the recipe by including your favorite BBQ toppings or swapping the ingredients for ones that you prefer!
Simple Ingredients for Pulled Pork Sliders
Quick Homemade Coleslaw
- Mayonnaise | Mayonnaise is a classic base for any coleslaw recipe. I love avocado mayo!
- Vinegar | Fresh and slightly fruity, apple cider vinegar perfectly balances tanginess and sweetness.
- Seasonings | Elevate the taste with ground pepper, onion powder and sweet honey — no sugar used in this recipe.
- Coleslaw mix | I prefer to take the convenient shortcut of using a coleslaw mix package from my grocery store. However, you could chop the cabbage yourself if you’d lie.
- Apple | For a crispy texture with a burst of sweetness.
Shredded Pork Sliders
- Pork | I use my go-to shredded pulled pork slow cooker recipe, but a store-bought tender pork also works.
- BBQ sauce | Use my homemade Rocky Mountain Barbecue Sauce or grab your favorite brand from the store.
- Slider rolls | Hawaiian roll sliders are my absolute favorite! But use your favorite slider buns.
- Cheese | I use Havarti cheese for a unique flavor twist, but cheddar cheese is another excellent choice!
- French fried onions | I prefer brands with no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
- Buttery topping | Brush with a melted butter topping to produce a crisp, golden surface with a delicious taste. Add garlic powder, salt, and Worcestershire sauce to boost the flavor.
- Garnish | Garnish the recipe with finely chopped poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and fresh parsley.
How to Make Shredded Pork Sliders
Step 1 | Make coleslaw (1-2 hours ahead)
Start the coleslaw by adding the mayo, vinegar, honey, pepper, and onion powder to a medium bowl. Whisk the ingredients to combine, then add the coleslaw mix and apples. Toss the coleslaw ingredients to combine and cover to keep in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before serving, allowing the flavors to meld and develop.
Step 2 | Slider prep
Next, preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C), lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish, or line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Also, slice the sweet Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise, separating the bottoms from the tops.
- For the best results, slice the bottom half is thicker than the top. Then, place the bottoms in the prepared dish or pan.
Step 3 | Assemble pork sliders
Now, combine the pulled pork and BBQ sauce in a mixing bowl. Layer the cheese slices over the bottom buns, spread the pork mixture to cover the cheese layer, and add the fried onions. Replace the tops of the buns, then make the buttery topping!
Step 4 | Add topping, bake, and enjoy!
Stir the melted butter, garlic, salt, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Next, pour it over the tops of the sandwiches, use a silicone brush to spread it evenly, and coat the sides and crevices. Then, garnish the tops of the buns with a pinch of sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
Cover the dish loosely with foil, bake for 10-20 minutes, remove the aluminum foil, then continue baking until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown with a subtle crispiness.
Finally, remove the freshly baked sliders from the oven and carefully remove the top bun to add a spoonful of coleslaw to each sandwich. Add the tops back to the sliders and serve fresh! Or allow your guests to add their own coleslaw.
- To avoid soggy buns, cut your bottom buns a little thicker than the top.
- It’s best to make the coleslaw a couple of hours before starting the rest of the recipe so it has time to rest and the flavors meld.
Gluten-Free Pulled Pork Sliders
All you need to do is substitute the rolls with a gluten-free alternative and check for the gluten-free label on all other ingredients, including the French fried onions, BBQ sauce, and spices.
Low-Carb Shredded Pork Sliders
Make keto-friendly pulled pork sliders by swapping the rolls for lettuce leaf wraps or using a keto slider bun, like Aldi’s Keto slider buns. Swap the honey for sugar-free honey substitute in the coleslaw, and purchase a sugar-free BBQ Sauce and simply omit the fried onions, adding if desired some yellow onions sauteed in butter.
- This recipe works well with any BBQ sauce, whether it’s smoky, sweet, spicy, or savory. Homemade BBQ sauce is also delicious!
- Toppings! Try jalapenos, onions, dill pickles, mashed avocado, avocado slices, or Dijon mustard! Check out this quick and easy Pickled Red Onions Recipe for something unique.
- Cheese Choices: Choose the cheese you love, like sharp cheddar, pepper jack, Swiss cheese, or provolone cheese.
- Put an Asian-inspired twist on the recipe by incorporating hoisin, teriyaki sauce, pineapple slices, or sweet chili sauce.
- Use chicken or brisket instead of pulled pork. Try my pulled chicken sliders or use leftover oven-baked brisket.
- Try brioche buns or Hawaiian sweet rolls instead of the savory Hawaiian buns.
- I love these easy-to-clean Staub bakers!
Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe, we make sure to slice the bottom half of the rolls thicker than the tops, adding the cheese slices directly on the bottom buns to prevent the sauces from seeping through.
Absolutely! You have a couple of options. Option one is to prepare all the recipe components, like the slaw, barbecue pork, and buttery sauce. Next, store the slider ingredients in separate airtight containers. In a day or two, assemble the tasty BBQ pork sliders, melt the buttery topping, brush it on, and bake as directed!
The other method is to make the sliders completely, leaving the coleslaw and buttery topping separate. Before baking, you can just add the butter sauce, then bake as directed.
Boneless pork shoulder is a popular choice when making BBQ pulled pork for a recipe, but other cuts, like pork butt or even pork loin. Also, this is a great recipe to use leftover pulled pork from another night!
Storage Tips for Pulled Pork Sliders
Refrigerate – These pork sandwiches are best enjoyed hot and fresh from the oven, but they will keep for 24 hours in the fridge in an airtight container before the rolls become too soggy.
Make Ahead – Make dinner time even easier by prepping the meal and freezing it to enjoy anytime within three months. Assemble the sliders and skip the buttery topping. Then, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to enjoy them again, bring them to room temperature, brush on the butter mixture, and bake as directed!
How to Bake Sliders from Frozen
Brush frozen sliders with the butter sauce, cover the dish with foil, and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for about 5 or 10 more minutes until heated through.
How to Reheat Pork Sliders
To reheat leftover sliders, preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C) and place leftover sliders in a baking dish covered with foil and bake for 5-10 minutes until they are warmed through, removing the foil for the last 3-5 minutes.
Can I keep sliders warm in a crockpot?
Yes! Using your crock pot is a great way to keep them warm, grab-and-go style! Allow the sliders to cool for about 10 minutes, then wrap each slider individually in aluminum foil, place in a crockpot, lay some paper towels or a clean tea towel between the lid and the crock (this catches any condensation) and put the lid on, turn the slow cooker on warm.
What to Serve with Pulled Pork Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
Best Side Dishes for Shredded Pork Sliders Recipe
Make this tasty BBQ recipe a delicious meal with unique sides instead of the classic French fries and potato chips. Try my creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, crisp Air Fryer Steak Fries, or these Cowboy Baked Beans with bacon!
Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad recipe is loaded with chicken, bacon, vegetables, ranch dressing, and perfectly cooked farfalle pasta.
Easy Air Fryer Steak Fries Recipe from Scratch
Experience the delicious crispiness of air fryer steak fries – golden wedges with a perfect balance of crunch and tenderness. Elevate your meal or snack time with these irresistible treats.
Best Drinks to Serve with Mini Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Enjoy the flavorful sliders paired with a refreshing and fruity beverage, like my Watermelon Slush, Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade, or this classic Blueberry Limeade Drink. Feel free to add liquor to any drinks for a fun adult twist!
Easy Pomegranate Moscow Mule Cocktail Recipe (Holiday Mule)
Make this holiday mule in minutes! Our pomegranate mule is a fresh, festive, and easy cocktail! With fresh pomegranate juice, fresh lime juice, vodka and finished with spicy ginger beer. You might call it a Yule Mule!
Best Pink Lemonade Vodka Cocktail Recipe (+ Mocktail)
A simple, 5-minute pink lemonade vodka cocktail! With a few simple ingredients, this fresh and all-natural pink lemonade vodka drink will become a summer favorite! This easy cocktail recipe can be made by the glass or pitcher! Mocktail instructions too!
Juicy, ripe red watermelon, frozen and blended into this refreshing, delicious and healthy watermelon slush! With just 3 main ingredients, this all natural, no sugar slushie recipe is the essential cool summer drink!
Easy Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Recipe (Starbucks Copycat)
There is nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than a tall glass of iced peach green tea lemonade. This copycat Starbucks version is a bit lighter, using all natural flavor, no sugar, fresh peach juice, light lemonade and Jade Citrus Mint Tea, a flavorful green tea.
More Easy Slider Recipes
Are you looking for more slider recipes using fluffy and soft Hawaiian rolls? Well, you’ve come to the right place– There’s no shortage here!
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders Recipe
- Oven Baked Turkey and Cheese Sliders Recipe
- Roast Beef Sliders
- Breakfast Egg Sandwich Recipe (Breakfast Sliders)
- Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls (30 Minute Meal)
- Baked Meatball Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
- Pizza Sliders Recipe with Hawaiian Rolls
- Baked Funeral Sandwiches (Ham and Cheese Sliders)
- Turkey Cranberry Sliders Recipe (Baked)
- Easy BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders Recipe
Although tempting, remember not to overload the sliders with the saucy BBQ pork and toppings. This will make the sliders soggy.
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and leave a comment below the recipe!
Easy BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders Recipe
Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- Silicone Basting Brush
Quick Homemade Coleslaw (Make several hours ahead)
- ½ cup mayonnaise I like Avocado mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 9 ounce coleslaw mix package mix, found in the produce section
- 1 small apple cut into matchsticks
Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1 pound shredded pulled pork homemade or store bought
- 1 cup BBQ sauce store bought or homemade
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls I used Kings, use brioche or your fave slider bun
- 6 slices Havarti cheese or your favorite, Cheddar, Swiss, Pepper Jack, Colby Jack, etc.
- 6 ounce French Fried onions I used one with no artificial ingredients or preservatives
- ½ cup butter melted, 1 stick
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- Parsley optional garnish
Make Easy Coleslaw (Refrigerate up to several hours)
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, pepper and onion powder. Then add the coleslaw mix and apples, toss to combine. Cover and put in the fridge ideally for 2-3 hours before serving.
Make Shredded Pork Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C)and lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish or line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise, cutting the bottoms slightly thicker than the tops, keeping the rolls together. Place bottom half in prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pulled pork and BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
- Layer the cheese over the bottom buns.
- Spoon the pork mixture over the cheese and gently spread out. Add the fried onions over the pork, and cover with the top buns.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, garlic, salt, and worcestershire. Stir well, then pour over the tops of the sandwiches, using a silicone brush to brush the sides and crevices with the sauce. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and poppy seeds all over the tops of the buns.
- Cover loosely with foil, and bake for 10-20 minutes; remove foil and continue baking until cheese is melted and tops are golden and have a slight crisp, another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven, carefully remove the top buns, and add a spoonful of coleslaw to each sandwich, then replace the top. Serve immediately.Or provide a bowl of coleslaw on the side for guests to add their own coleslaw.
If possible, make the coleslaw a couple of hours in advance allowing the flavors to meld.
Choose your favorite barbecue sauce, whether sweet, smoky, spicy, or a combination. This can be homemade or store-bought. Variations & Substitutions Gluten-Free Pulled Pork Sliders | All you need to do is substitute the rolls with a gluten-free alternative and check for the gluten-free label on all other ingredients, including the French fried onions, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and spices. Low-Carb Shredded Pork Sliders | Make keto-friendly pulled pork sliders by swapping the rolls for lettuce leaf wraps or using a keto slider bun, like Aldi’s Keto slider buns. Swap the honey for sugar-free honey substitute in the coleslaw, and purchase a sugar-free BBQ Sauce and simply omit the fried onions, adding if desired some yellow onions sauteed in butter. This recipe works well with any BBQ sauce, whether it’s smoky, sweet, spicy, or savory. Homemade BBQ sauce is also delicious! Toppings! Try jalapenos, onions, dill pickles, mashed avocado, avocado slices, or Dijon mustard! Check out this quick and easy Pickled Red Onions Recipe for something unique. Cheese Choices: Choose the cheese you love, like sharp cheddar, pepper jack, Swiss cheese, or provolone cheese. Put an Asian-inspired twist on the recipe by incorporating hoisin, teriyaki sauce, pineapple slices, or sweet chili sauce Try brioche buns or instead of the savory Hawaiian buns. Use chicken or brisket instead of pulled pork. Try my pulled chicken sliders or use leftover oven-baked brisket Storage Tips
- Refrigerate – These pork sandwiches are best enjoyed hot and fresh from the oven, but they will keep for 24 hours in the fridge in an airtight container before the rolls become too soggy.
- Make Ahead – Assemble the sliders and skip the buttery topping. Then, wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate. When ready to bake, bring them to room temperature (30 minutes), brush on the butter mixture, and bake as directed! Or cover well and freeze up to 3 months.
- How to bake sliders from frozen | Brush frozen sliders with the butter sauce, cover the dish with foil, and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for about 5 or 10 more minutes until heated through.
- How to Reheat Pork Sliders |Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C) and place leftover sliders in a baking dish covered with foil and bake for 5-10 minutes until they are warmed through, removing the foil for the last 3-5 minutes.
Can I keep sliders warm in a crockpot? | Yes! Allow the sliders to cool for about 10 minutes, then wrap individual sliders in aluminum foil, place in a crockpot, lay some paper towels or a clean tea towel between the lid and the crock (this catches any condensation), and put the lid on, turn the slow cooker on warm.