As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
Happy Weekend Friend!
Occasionally a recipe I am thrilled about, a recipe I can’t wait to share with you, just plain ol’ falls flat. I was really excited about last weeks post — Instant Pot Turkey Breast (ready in 60 minutes!), but truth be told, it fell on its face! 🙂
That’s okay; live and learn, trial and error, seeing what my readers want is something I am constantly learning. I am pretty confident that these three new recipes will knock your socks off!
Do you realize that Thanksgiving is less than 3 weeks away? I KNOW! How did that happen!
Read on to see how make ahead Thanksgiving recipes can save the day!
THREE MUST HAVE HOLIDAY SIDE DISH RECIPES
These three brand new holiday recipes are loaded with tips to make ahead, freeze, or at the very least, prep ahead, saving you time this holiday season:
- Best Thanksgiving Stuffing (made with Pumpernickel, Sourdough and Brown bread)
My taste testers (neighbors and friends) said it was “the best stuffing, with the best flavors they have ever had!”
- Wild Rice Bake (Omit the chicken and it makes a fabulous side dish, or use leftover turkey or chicken and make it a meal!)
Tasters remarked that this was filling, flavorful and delicious (okay, it was my mom, but should would tell me the truth)
- Cheesy Asparagus Bake (after prepping the ingreds this took me two minutes to assemble!)
Tasters (that would be my family) said that it was the cheesiest, garlic-y and yummy!
I realize Thanksgiving could look very different for many this year. All of these recipes can easily be halved for smaller gatherings and if you ever have a question, shoot me an email.
More make ahead sides for menu planning, (check out my friend Lynn’s, free printable Thanksgiving planner):
- Turkey Giblet Gravy |don’t wrinkle your nose, it’s AMAZING!
- Best Potatoes Au Gratin | truly, one of the most popular posts every holiday season!
- Tender Tarragon Carrots & Roasted Brussels Sprouts with honey balsamic glaze. Both show stopping delicious (and easy too!)
- Cheesy Party Potatoes | asked again and again for the recipe!
- Instant Pot Rustic Mashed Potatoes or Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes | simple recipes, exploding with flavors!
- Praline Sweet Potatoes | a recipe that’s been in our family for decades and is requested every single holiday season!
- Easy Yeast Rolls |tons have made these on Pinterest, always a hit!
- Sweet Molasses Brown Bread Rolls | You know, like the ones you get at Cheesecake Factory or Outback? Yup, those!
- Mile High Mud Pie | a winner, every-single-time!
- Half Baked Skillet Cookies | Your welcome!
- Hibiscus Dark & Stormy | Mocktail or Cocktail you decide!
- Zuppa Toscana | a hearty, Olive Garden Copycat soup
- Easy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce | use as marinade, stir fry or dipping sauce
All of these lists have been carefully curated over the years and they are updated regularly with new items, with price points for every budget.
- Stocking Stuffers for Tweens and Teens (and college students too) My most popular gift list, recently updated.
- Gift Guide for College Guys
- Great Gift Ideas for College Girls
- The Best Gift Ideas for Entertainers
“Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” – Anonymous
About Kathleen Pope
Recipe Innovator | Food Photographer | Food Writer
Hi, I’m Kathleen Pope. Here at The Fresh Cooky you will find easy, mostly from-scratch, trusted recipes for all occasions. From speedy dinners to tasty desserts, with easy step-by-step instructions. I am here to help teach you how to make mouthwatering recipes without spending hours in the kitchen. Read more about Kathleen here.