As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
October is marching right on by! I am excited at how productive this week has been, I feel like I am coming out of a fog. And we finally had a few days of cooler weather, setting me into slow cooking, baking mode.
But first, my picture of the week, I snapped this during our sunrise walk on Wednesday! You know the saying, “red sky in morning, sailors take warning” well I say, sailors be warned, every one else ooh and ahh over the artistry of God!
I mentioned that I have been slow cooking and baking up a storm, mostly preparing for the holidays, so you have plenty to choose from this season.
Like these easy tender, buttery, pastry-like Greek Butter Cookies (Koulourakia), with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, these cookies are fun to make and eat. The perfect coffee or tea dunking cookie from The Mountain Baker Cookbook. Let’s kick off the holiday baking season!
Plus pop over to my Instagram page and enter the Giveaway for a chance to win a copy of this amazing cookbook!
We also had a couple of close friends for dinner the other night and I made this slow cooked, out of this world tender, Pot Roast!
Lastly, as we start thinking about the holidays, I wanted to bring to your attention a couple of ideas to make as neighbor, friend, co-worker, teacher gifts.
- Give the gift of wellness, calm and health by making this fun Golden Milk (Turmeric Tea) gift basket, you might even tuck in a bottle of Elderberry Syrup or Lemon Antibacterial Hand Scrub.
- Make up a basket of flavor; Carrabba’s Grill Rub, Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix, Rocky Mountain Barbecue Sauce or maybe a jar of Chewy Hot Fudge Sauce.
- It’s not too late to brew up some homemade vanilla or bourbon vanilla, pair it with this recipe for Cherry Smash or a dozen Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls.
- Texas Sheet Cake with simple Fudge Frosting
- Barbacoa Beef Street Tacos
- Healthier Snickerdoodle Zucchini Bread
- Maple Bourbon Pecans
Have the COURAGE to turn away from EVERYTHING that doesn’t feed your SOUL. Author Unknown
THE FRESH COOKY HAS AN AMAZON SHOP
Browse through my favorite kitchen tools, small appliances, cookbooks, gift ideas and more! Never at any cost to you!
Visit the Amazon Shop.