Are you in for a treat! This simple recipe for a Cherry Bomb cocktail is quite frankly, “the bomb”! Fresh cherries muddled with rich bourbon, vanilla, maple syrup, lemon juice and a splash of club soda, makes the ultimate Cherry Bourbon Smash!
HOW TO MAKE A CHERRY BOURBON SMASH
I was trying to figure out what to name this cocktail, a “Cherry Vanilla“, but it also has maple syrup in it.
Perhaps “Cherry Maple Vanilla Cocktail“, though it’s made with bourbon as well, “Maple Cherry Vanilla Bourbon Cocktail” that’s a bit long.
Then I asked my husband if he wanted a drink last week and he said, “Yes, can you make that Cherry Bomb again!?” A drink is born! It’s also known as a Cherry Bourbon Smash!
Using in-season, fresh* cherries, bursting with amazing flavor, encouraging their dark red juice and flavors to mix with wee dram of bourbon, maple syrup, vanilla and club soda.
The perfect way to end a long, hot summer day. *Frozen cherries may be substituted!
Cherry Cocktail Ingredients
- ⅓ cup fresh cherries, pitted and sliced (frozen may be substituted)
- 1 – 1.5 oz bourbon
- ½-1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or go over the top with our Bourbon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Club soda
Pour the bourbon over the cherries…
…and then the vanilla, I used my homemade bourbon vanilla, either is fine!
Then add maple syrup…
Finally, the fresh lemon juice.
Grabbing a muddler or the end of a thick wooden spoon, gently smash the cherries with the liquids, releasing their juices and flavors.
Filling your glass with ice (I used my Ninja blender and crushed ice)
Top off the glass with club soda, using a spoon gently stir and bring up some of the cherries to the top for a delicious, refreshing, stunning Cherry Cocktail!!
How to Make a non-alcoholic Cherry Shirley Temple Drink
This makes a refreshing and vibrant Cherry Maple Mocktail! Simply omit the bourbon and adding a bit more cherries/juice and club soda for a slightly different take on a Shirley Temple drink.
I hope you have loved this cherry bomb, cherry bourbon smash or whatever you want to call it! It’s one of our favorites!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and leave a comment below the recipe!
Cherry Bomb | Fresh Cherry Bourbon Cocktail
Click stars to rate now!Print Pin Save Rate
- Cut or pit about ⅓ of a cup of fresh (or frozen) cherries and place into an old fashioned glass.
- Pour the bourbon over the cherries and then the vanilla, I made homemade vanilla using a bottle of bourbon, so this was bourbon vanilla, either is fine.
- Then add in maple syrup, lemon juice and using a muddler or the end of a thick wooden spoon, gently smash the cherries with the liquids, releasing their juices and flavors.
- Fill glass with ice (I used my Ninja blender and crushed ice), top off the glass with club soda, using a spoon gently stir and bring up some of the cherries to the top for a delicious, refreshing, stunning Cherry Bomb Cocktail!!