If you enjoy Chick-Fil-A’s Frosted Lemonades you are going to love this Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade! This is the coolest drink, literally! It’s so cold, refreshing, creamy and sweet-tart!
COPYCAT CHICK-FIL-A FROSTED LEMONADE
How do you spend your Saturdays in the summertime? We spend hours in the hot sun, cheering on our boys at our neighborhood swim meets. It’s fantastic and we wouldn’t trade it for anything, but we always come home, hot and sweaty and a little parched, ready for something icy cold!
This copycat Frosted Lemonade hits the spot. Do yourself a favor and save the $5 at Chick-Fil-A and make your own at home!
How to Make Your Own Copycat Frosted Lemonade at Home
With only 4 ingredients, 3 if you don’t count the water, which hopefully you have on hand, it comes together so quickly.
Squeeze your lemons into a measuring cup, about 1 1/2 cups.
TIP | Did you know that your lemons will release more juice if they are room temperature? I also give them a roll with the palm of my hand.
Add your sugar into the water, stir until dissolved. I use half warm and half room temp water to help dissolve my sugar, especially since I use all-natural cane sugar, which is a bit more course.
Pour in your lemon juice and give it a good stir. It may be refrigerated (or even frozen for later use) at this point.
When ready to make your frosted lemonades, fill your blender with about 2 cups of good vanilla ice-cream and pour over about 3/4 cup of your homemade lemonade, blend until just smooth and light yellow, trying not to over-blend. Serve immediately!
GET FREE RECIPES FROM THE FRESH COOKY DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon, a sprig of mint and a nice large straw (optional).
PRO TIP | Best to make each serving individually.
If you like this FRESH recipe, give these a go!
CHANGE INGREDIENTS FOR A DIFFERENT FROSTED LEMONADE EXPERIENCE
- Use a combination of lemons and limes | Frosted Lemon-Limeade
- Swap out orange juice for lemons and reduce sugar by 1/2 | Frosted Orange Creamsicle!
- Swap out limes for lemons | Frosted Limeade
- Add 3-4 fresh, ripe strawberries to blender with lemon juice and ice cream | Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
This recipe has been lightly adapted from Savor the Flavour, a beautiful food blog.
Enjoy this recipe for? Please leave a comment and rate the recipe in the recipe card.
Hashtag any recipes you make from The Fresh Cooky #thefreshcooky or tag me @thefreshcooky on Instagram to be featured on our stories!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemons, about 9-12 medium lemons
- 3/4 cup all natural cane sugar
- 2 cups filtered water (half warm, half room temp)
- 8 cups vanilla ice-cream (good-quality)
- Wash and halve your lemons (I find it easiest to cut half and see how much juice they provide. Juice your lemons using a hand juicer, straining if necessary. Stir the water (using a little warm water will help it dissolve faster, especially if using natural cane sugar) and sugar together, dissolving the sugar. Add the lemon juice and stir into the sugar water. Give it a taste, it should be pretty tart as the ice cream will sweeten it further. Adjust as needed with more lemon or sugar.
- Lemonade may be used immediately or refrigerated or even frozen for later use.
- Let ice cream sit on counter for 10 minutes to soften (or microwave for 15 seconds to soften). Scoop out about 2 cups of ice cream into blender.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of your fresh lemonade to your ice cream. Blend until thick and light yellow, but don't over blend. Pour into glass and serve immediately.
- Repeat process for up to 4-5 large sized frosted lemonades. Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon, a sprig of mint and a nice large straw.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer (Lemon)
- Ninja Personal Blender for Shakes, Smoothies & more
- Ninja Professional 72oz Countertop Blender
- BALCI Ice Cream Scoop
- [Angled Tips] 8 Pcs Reusable Boba Straws & Smoothie Straws - Multi Colors Wide Reusable Straws, BPA Free Food-Grade Plastic Straws for Bubble Tea, Milkshakes, Jumbo Drinks with 2 Cleanning Brushes
- Reusable Straws 6Pcs 10" REGULAR SIZE Silicone Straws+ 6Pcs 10" Medium Silicone Straws for 30&20OZ Yeti/Ozark/Rtic Tumblers+4 Brushes+ 1 Storage Pouch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 178mg Carbohydrates: 105g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 81g Protein: 10g