Edible cookie dough? Ice Cream? Sandwich them together and you have this delectable recipe for Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches in one EASY, no-bake, creamy and sweet dessert!
I love this cookie ice cream sandwich recipe because it doesn’t make a ton, and you can cut the bars as large or small as you like, plus you can use jimmies or m&m’s or regular chocolate chips!
I have had a long, sweet relationship with cookie dough. As long as I can remember, I would sneak a spoonful cookie dough when my mom made cookies.
Confession time; I still eat cookie dough (I’m a daredevil, I know), I don’t even sneak it! I still smack hands that try and dig in, but all in good fun now. I know it’s not in vogue to eat raw cookie dough, which is why I decided to make some “legal” raw cookie dough, no danger or risk taking involved!
In fact, I love cookie dough so much, I’ve made it into a frosting — serve it individually as little frosting “shooters” or top your favorite cupcake or sandwich between your favorite cookie, like these.
With a few simple ingredients you can make your own safe to eat cookie dough and make these great cookie ice cream sandwiches!
Edible Cookie Dough Ingredients
- Light Brown Sugar & regular cane or white sugar | I use organic all natural cane sugar
- All purpose Flour | heat treated (see the recipe for how to do if concerned)
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk | I use whole milk, but you can use others
- Chocolate Chips | or see the original post with loads of mix-in ideas
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 Recipe Edible Cooke Dough
- Favorite ice cream or even try making homemade ice cream, like this no churn favorite Patriotic Ice Cream
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough for Ice Cream Sandwiches
To get started, make up a batch of my chocolate chip edible cookie dough.
Press dough into a quarter sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a rectangular tart pan and freeze for 30 minutes. Once firm, remove carefully from the pan using the parchment paper and cut in half.
Spread softened ice cream on top of one of the halves of cookie dough, carefully place the other half on top, pressing gently.
Freeze another 30 minutes, yielding soft sandwiches or 60-90 minutes for firmer sandwiches. To slice, remove from freezer and using a knife dipped in hot water, slice into squares.
Enjoy these cookie dough ice cream sandwiches immediately or wrap individually and store in freezer.
Simple, straight forward, delicious! Our family loved these treats, cool and creamy and and a small square was so very satisfying!
Give these other cool treats a try!
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Super Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
- The Best Key Lime Pie
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and leave a comment below the recipe!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
Click stars to rate now!Print Pin Save Rate
For Edible Cookie Dough Sandwiches
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons all natural cane sugar
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon salt if using unsalted butter, reduce salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour heat treated if desired
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or use mini M & M’s , Jimmies or your favorite candy chips
- ¼ gallon ice-cream good quality, flavor of choice, slightly soft
How to Heat Treat Flour
- Cool completely and store in airtight container.
For the Cookie Dough
- Add your vanilla to your milk.
- Alternate your flour and milk, mixing only until combined.
- Pour in chocolate chips (see note) and mix in by hand
Molding Cookie dough for Sandwiches
- Press cookie dough evenly into desired pan (I used a rectangular tart pan), lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 30 minutes until firm.
- Carefully remove from pan using the parchment to lift it out and slice evenly in half.
- Spread softened ice cream on top of one half of cookie dough slab, placing the other half on top and pressing down gently.
- Refreeze entire slab for 30 minutes for softer sandwiches, 60-90 minutes or longer for firmer sandwiches.
- To slice, use a knife dipped in hot water and cut into even squares or rectangles.
- Wrap individually and keep in freezer until ready to enjoy!