This All-Natural Hibiscus Mint Mojito is the ideal spring and summer sipping cocktail or mocktail! Using tangy, lemony, floral hibiscus syrup; refreshing mint, zesty lime, and boozy kick of rum, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to the tropics!
Mojitos are one of my favorite summer drinks with all of that delicious mint and fizz, then and add to it the bright notes of Hibiscus Simple Syrup and you have one beautiful craft cocktail!
How to Make Hibiscus Simple Syrup
There is a bit of planning involved, first make up a batch of my Hibiscus Simple Syrup, though if you must, you can buy it, but it’s truly so simple AND tastes much better than anything bottled! I hope you make some, it’s wonderful in and on so many different things, check the post out for ideas.
Making a Hibiscus Mojito
Let’s get mixin’! Get out a nice tall glass, you’ll fill most of it up with ice and club soda, so don’t worry!
Place your mint along with a teaspoon of agave syrup (more if sweeter drink is desired) or equal amount of sugar in the bottom of the glass and muddle it; gently now, you don’t want to release the bitter part of the mint.
Keeping the mint in the bottom of the glass, pour in your rum and lime juice, gently stir with muddler.
No Muddler? Simply use the handle of a heavy wooden spoon. Do you have one of these mini measuring cups! My fave!
Pour in your Hibiscus Simple Syrup and give it a gentle stir.
Fill your glass with ice — personally, I prefer crushed, it’s up to you!
Using a cocktail stirring spoon, stir to mix the liquids in the glass around a bit.
Pour in your club soda, I love these all-natural Qdrinks Club Soda’s! They are so delicious, fresh, ultra-carbonated and the perfect cocktail size!
Give it a gentle stir, garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, lime slice and maybe even a piece of hibiscus flower.
This simple mojito recipe is beautiful for Easter, Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo celebrations, Ladies Luncheons, Tea Parties, Garden Parties, BBQ’s and more! A healthy, simple minty floral drink!
Recipes to enjoy along with your Mojito
- Coconut Lime Chicken
- Easy Grilled Chicken Shawarma Bowls
- Nana & Papa’s Famous Flank Steak Marinade
- Easy Barbacoa Street Tacos
That’s it, go put your feet up and sip this lovely, bright, flowery and tangy cocktail. Perfect for a GNO at your house, sipping by the pool, lounging in a hammock, you name it, it’ll transport you to the tropics in no time. Not just for girls either guys, my husband loved this cocktail, it’s not overly sweet whatsoever!
Please sip responsibly! This recipe is for 21+ only unless making a mocktail (minus the rum).
Try these other drinks and cocktails!
- Mint Julep
- Maple Whiskey Sour
- Grapefruit Basil Vodka Smash
- Blackberry Bourbon Moscow Mule or the B²M²
- Simple Margarita
RECOMMENDED TOOLS FOR THE RECIPE
- 5-10 mint leaves, washed, stems removed
- 1-2 teaspoons agave syrup (or sub. with natural sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice, fresh (about 1 small lime)
- 1.5-2 oz Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- 1-2 oz rum, light or dark (I used dark)
- 5-6 oz Club Soda
- Cubed or crushed ice
- Lime wedge and mint sprig for garnish (optional)
- Gently muddle your mint in the bottom of a tall glass (such as a mojito glass, highball). Carefully use a gentle twisting motion with the muddler*.
- Pour in agave or sugar and gently muddle into mint. Add lime juice, rum and hibiscus syrup.Stir gently to combine. Fill the glass with ice; crushed or cubed (I prefer crushed)
- Slowly pour in club soda to fill up glass and gently stir to mix.Serve with a garnish of lime and mint, if desired.
Amount Per Serving:Total Fat: g Saturated Fat: g Trans Fat: g Unsaturated Fat: g Cholesterol: mg Sodium: mg Carbohydrates: g Fiber: g Sugar: g Protein: g