Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime rice is sassy, citrus-y with a wonderful hint of cilantro, perfect to add to your taco Tuesday or any other meal! I could make this every night and my boys would sign me up for mother of the year. A great use for leftover rice, light, citrusy, with a hint of cilantro.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and toss in oil (butter may be substituted), once hot; add your pre-cooked and cooled rice, stir to heat.
Sprinkle your all natural cane sugar and stir to melt, once all heated through, quickly pour in your fresh lime juice and stir to mix, sprinkle with a generous handful of fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately!
This works especially well with leftover rice, in fact many times when I’m making rice, I will make double the batch and keep some frozen just to use in dishes like this or my delicious Mexican rice.
Other similar recipes!Print
Cilantro Lime Rice
Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime rice is sassy, citrus-y with a wonderful hint of cilantro, perfect to add to your taco Tuesday or any other meal!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- 2 cups cooked white rice, I like Jasmine
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I like grapeseed or avocado oil)
- 2–3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2–3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a saute pan to medium high heat, pour in oil, saute the rice until hot.
- Stir in sugar and salt until heated through.
- Remove from heat, pour in lime juice and toss in cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
© 2018 | This recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice was featured first on The Fresh Cooky.
Keywords: Cilantro Lime Rice, copycat Chipotle, Taco Tuesday, Mexican Side dish, All natural