This is my version of Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice; fresh lime juice and cilantro are key. I could make this every night and my boys would sign me up for mother of the year. A great use for leftover rice, light, citrusy, with a hint of cilantro.
Give it a try, delicious with Lime Coconut Grilled Chicken or your town Taco Tuesday.
This works especially well with leftover rice, in fact many times when I’m making rice, I will make double the batch and keep some frozen for use in dishes like this or fried rice.
Perfectly paired with these luscious recipes:Print
Sassy, citrus-y with a wonderful hint of cilantro, perfect to add to your taco Tuesday or any other meal!
- 2 cups cooked white rice, I like Jasmine
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I like grapeseed or avocado oil)
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a saute pan to medium high heat, pour in oil, saute the rice until hot.
- Stir in sugar and salt until heated through.
- Remove from heat, pour in lime juice and toss in cilantro.
- Serve immediately.