Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime rice is sassy, citrus-y with a wonderful hint of cilantro, perfect to add to your taco Tuesday or any other meal! I could make this every night and my boys would sign me up for mother of the year. A great use for leftover rice, light, citrusy, with a hint of cilantro.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and toss in oil (butter may be substituted), once hot; add your pre-cooked and cooled rice, stir to heat.
Sprinkle your all natural cane sugar and stir to melt, once all heated through, quickly pour in your fresh lime juice and stir to mix, sprinkle with a generous handful of fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately!
This works especially well with leftover rice, in fact many times when I’m making rice, I will make double the batch and freeze in batches just to use in dishes like this or my delicious Mexican rice.
Accompany this rice with these delicious recipes!
Tender, tangy and OH SO FLAVORFUL Coconut Lime Chicken is probably our favorite grilled chicken marinade! And it fits into so many diet and healthy eating categories!
Tender, slow cooked barbacoa beef is the perfect base for these easy, flavorful, healthy street tacos! Gluten free, Paleo and easily modifiable, this recipe will become a staple on your menu!
If you are in search of the PERFECT cheese enchiladas, in my (humble) opinion these are the ONES! Layers of creamy Mexican cheese with a rich enchilada red sauce, crunch onions and corn tortillas.
Delicious Mexican Recipes and Menu Ideas
- Check out my Cinco de Mayo Recipe Collection
I’d love it if you enjoy this recipe if you’d comment and rate the recipe in the recipe card.
Hashtag any recipes you make from The Fresh Cooky #thefreshcooky or tag me @thefreshcooky on Instagram to be featured on our stories!
- 2 cups cooked white rice, I like Jasmine
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I like grapeseed or avocado oil)
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a saute pan to medium high heat, pour in oil, saute the rice until hot.
- Stir in sugar and salt until heated through.
- Remove from heat, pour in lime juice and toss in cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Olive Wooden Spoon set from Italy
- Kevin Home Small Wooden Serving Bowl, fruits, candy, nuts, Dip Sauce, Appetizer, 4 Pieces Acacia Small bowl 3” Diameter x 1.4“ Height
- Creative Co-Op DA1805 Set of 4 Bowl Shaped Measuring Cups
- Wusthof Santoku knife 5 inch; Black
- Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate, at times it pulls information for suggestions and options which may increase calories, etc.
LOVE WHOLESOME DELICIOUS RECIPES? COME FOLLOW ALONG!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #TheFreshCooky so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram!
GET FREE RECIPES FROM THE FRESH COOKY DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!