An amazing collection of delicious, authentic, tried and true traditional Oktoberfest recipes. Whether you are looking for German appetizers, desserts or menu ideas for an Oktoberfest party, these easy Oktoberfest recipes are sure to please all tastes and pallets!
German inspired recipes from trusted bloggers with leanings towards delicious, fresh German foods. Pick one or a few to make this September and October and celebrate Oktoberfest in grand style.
What is Oktoberfest?
Oktoberfest is an annual festival which began in Munich. It actually begins in September, ending the on the first Sunday in October.
The festival originated on October 12, 1810, in celebration of the marriage of the crown prince of Bavaria, who later became King Louis I, to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
10 Authentic Oktoberfest Celebrations in the U.S.
You do not need to travel across the Atlantic in order to celebrate Oktoberfest in traditional style. Check out these 10 authentic American Oktoberfest celebrations right here in the US.
- Frankenmuth Oktoberfest, Michigan | 30 years they have been celebrating Oktoberfest!
- Tulsa Oktoberfest | celebrates authentic Bavarian culture in the heart of Oklahoma!
- Helen, GA Oktoberfest | For those in the south, a fun, traditional Oktoberfest celebration.
- Fredericksberg, TX | A true celebration of our German heritage in the Polka Capital of Texas!
- Four Peaks Oktoberfest, Tempe AZ | They are back this year!
- Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest, CA | Touted as the best German celebration in Southern California.
- Oktoberfest Zinzinatti, OH | Promises of coming back in 2021!
- Snowbirds Oktoberfest, UT | Oktoberfest at Snowbird is a family-friendly affair with activities, food, and, of course, brews for days.
- New Ulm Oktoberfest, MN | Come to one of the best Oktoberfest celebrations in the nation!
- Oktoberfest in Vail, CO | I had to add one for our fair state, the town of Vail transports you to a quaint European style village.
Food Ideas for Oktoberfest
Back in my early 20’s I spent 6 months as an au pair in Berlin, Germany. I tried so many new German foods and fell in love with them all!
I discovered red cabbage (rotkohl), apple kuchen, black bread, strudels and rote grütze! Most of these traditional Oktoberfest recipes are represented below!
From German appetizers to traditional Oktoberfest recipes like sauerbraten, schnitzel and strudels, to pretzels, red cabbage, spaetzle and kuchens, we have you covered with these foods for Oktoberfest.
Oktoberfest Ideas for a Party
Whether you are truly authentic, or are looking for delicious recipes, these foods for Oktoberfest are the best.
⭐️⭐️ JOIN THE FRESH COOKY RECIPE CLUB! ⭐️⭐️
NEW DELICIOUS RECIPES WEEKLY!
You might even want to mix up a drink, this cocktail would hit it out of the park.
I hope you will break out of the norm and try one or two or more of these Oktoberfest ideas for a party!
Don’t worry if you end up celebrating in October, it took me decades to realize this wasn’t a celebration during the entire month of October!
Be well! Happy cooking, baking and safe Oktoberfesting!!
I enjoy sharing easy recipes that are wholesome and delicious. I am fed by my faith, family, friends & food! Welcome to my kitchen! Read more...