This EASY Beer Bread recipe is one of the easiest quick bread recipes around and one I share often! Using just 6 common pantry ingredients, no rise time and less than an hour to bake. It’s the perfect bread for every meal, BBQ, Picnic, Cookout or Party!
EASY BEER BREAD
I love bread, all kinds, perhaps it’s because I’m ¼ Italian and ¾ German? Can you blame your heritage for your love of something? This recipe for easy Beer Bread will become a go-to recipe for a quick bread to go with any soup or stew or other comfort food. The best part, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry!
Beer? Which one? Light or Dark?
Your choice! Different beers impart different flavors; I’d love to hear what your favorite is for this bread.
Darker beers yield a stronger, more robust beer taste, and lighter is well, lighter. Honestly, I’m not terribly picky when it comes to bread, especially if it’s homemade and hot from the oven! Except raisins, please don’t put raisins in my bread, or my oatmeal, or my cookies — I have a thing with cooked raisins.
Anyway, the darker the beer the darker the bread will be, literally and have a stronger taste and the lighter the beer the lighter the taste and the color of the bread.
Easy tips for the Best Beer Bread
- Instead of making one large loaf of easy beer bread, split it up, making 4 small mini loaves (using mini loaf pans).
- The alcohol cooks out during baking, so it is safe for kids and non-drinking adults alike, but if you feel more comfortable, use non-alcoholic beer OR try ginger ale or ginger beer (no alcohol type).
- Add shredded cheese, chopped green chilis (drained), herbs (try dill, yum!) during your mixing process to add a variety.
- Wrap cooled leftover loaves in foil, place in freezer baggie and freeze until desired use. To reheat, remove from baggie and place foil wrapped loaf into a preheated 250° oven for 20-30 minutes.
GET FREE RECIPES FROM THE FRESH COOKY DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Slowly pour beer into flour mixture; stirring gently while you pour. It will foam up and your mixture will be lumpy, sticky and thick. Spoon into prepared loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans and smooth top(s) down with spatula.
The Best Beer Bread
Bake your Easy Beer Bread for 20-30 minutes for mini loaves, 55-1 hour for full size loaf pan, until toothpick comes out clean. During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove from the oven and brush the top of the loaf(s) with remaining melted butter, return to the oven. (Optional, but worth it)
Let cool for 10 minutes then invert pans to remove bread, slice and serve immediately.
Pair Easy Beer Bread with these recipes:
Sharing On! Full Plate Thursday
I’d love it if you enjoy this recipe if you’d comment and rate the recipe in the recipe card.
Hashtag any recipes you make from The Fresh Cooky #thefreshcooky or tag me @thefreshcooky on
Instagram to be featured on our stories!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar (I use unbleached, organic)
- 3 tsp baking powder (or 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 12 oz can/bottle of beer (your favorite)
- ½ cup melted butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter or use non-stick spray on a large loaf pan or 3-4 mini loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together using a whisk. Add ¼ cup melted butter and stir into mixture. Add beer, slowly, it will foam up, then stir gently. Dough will be very sticky, thick and a little lumpy.If desired, add herbs (try dill 1 tsp), and/or 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice) and/or 1 can of diced green chilis (drained) and stir in. Scoop evenly into loaf pan(s) and smooth top.
- MINI LOAF PANS bake 20-30 minutes for FULL size loaf pan, bake 55-1 hour, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. During last 5 minutes of baking brush on balance of melted butter, return to oven.
- Allow to cool on rack 5-10 minutes before removing bread from pan. Enjoy immediately with butter or cool completely and freeze or refrigerate leftovers. Leftovers may be wrapped in foil, frozen in freezer baggie. To reheat, place foil wrapped loaf in 250 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
All beers work! Try your favorite! Darker beers yield a stronger, beer taste.
All alcohol cooks out during baking process, so safe for kids and non-drinking adults.
If using dark or glass loaf pans, reduce heat by 25°F and bake until toothpick comes out clean.
© 2018 | This recipe for Easy Beer Bread was featured first on The Fresh Cooky.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Anchor Hocking 2 Quart Glass Batter Bowl With Lid (81106L11)
- Eddington 50002 Italian Olive Wood Cooking Spoon,
- USA Pan Bakeware Mini Loaf Pan, Set of 4, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
- Nordic Ware Naturals Aluminum NonStick 1-1/2 Pound Loaf Pan
- OXO SteeL 9-Inch Better Wire Whisk
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1/2 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 252mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 2g
LOVE WHOLESOME DELICIOUS RECIPES? COME FOLLOW ALONG!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #TheFreshCooky so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram!