As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
This EASY Beer Bread recipe is one of the easiest quick bread recipes around and one I share often! Using just 4 common pantry ingredients, 5 minute prep, no rise time and less than an hour to bake. It’s the perfect bread for every meal, BBQ, or hearty dinner.
I love bread, all kinds, perhaps it’s because I’m ¼ Italian and ¾ German? Can you blame your heritage for your love of something?
This recipe for easy Beer Bread will become a go-to recipe for a quick bread to go with any soup or stew or other comfort food. The best part, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry!
What is the Best Beer to use for Beer Bread
Your choice! Different beers impart different flavors; I’d love to hear what your favorite is for this bread.
Darker beers yield a stronger, more robust beer taste, and lighter is well, lighter. Honestly, I’m not terribly picky when it comes to bread, especially if it’s homemade and hot from the oven!
Except raisins, please don’t put raisins in my bread, or my oatmeal, or my cookies — I have a thing with cooked raisins.
Anyway, the darker the beer the darker the bread will be, literally and have a stronger taste and the lighter the beer the lighter the taste and the color of the bread.
Tips for the Best Beer Bread
- Instead of making one large loaf of easy beer bread, split it up, making 4 small mini loaves (using mini loaf pans).
- The alcohol cooks out during baking, so it is safe for kids and non-drinking adults alike, but if you feel more comfortable, use non-alcoholic beer OR try ginger ale or ginger beer (non alcohol type).
- Add shredded cheese, chopped green chilis (drained), herbs (try dill, yum!) during your mixing process to add a variety.
- Wrap cooled leftover loaves in foil, place in freezer baggie and freeze until desired use. To reheat, remove from baggie and place foil wrapped loaf into a preheated 250° oven for 20-30 minutes.
Slowly pour beer into flour mixture; stirring gently while you pour. It will foam up and your mixture will be lumpy, sticky and thick. Spoon into prepared loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans and smooth top(s) down with spatula.
Bake your Easy Beer Bread for 20-30 minutes for mini loaves, 55-1 hour for full size loaf pan, until toothpick comes out clean.
During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove from the oven and brush the top of the loaf(s) with remaining melted butter, return to the oven. (Optional, but worth it)
Let cool for 10 minutes then invert pans to remove bread, slice and serve immediately.
Recipes that pair well with beer bread:
- Best Beef Stew
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Sunday Pot Roast
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Best Bacon Beef Minestrone Soup
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Bangers and Mash
- Shepherd’s Pie
Sharing this week on Weekend Potluck, check it out!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and comment below the recipe!
About Kathleen Pope
Recipe Innovator | Food Photographer | Food Writer
Hi, I’m Kathleen Pope. Here at The Fresh Cooky you will find easy, mostly from-scratch, trusted recipes for all occasions. From speedy dinners to tasty desserts, with easy step-by-step instructions. I am here to help teach you how to make mouthwatering recipes without spending hours in the kitchen. Read more about Kathleen here.