With only 15 minutes of prep, this Christmas Tree Cake Dip is a fun and delicious dessert dip! Use Little Debbie’s Christmas tree cakes for a fun, easy and delicious holiday treat!
Using these scrumptious Christmas tree cakes is the perfect addition to your Christmas dessert platters during the holiday season.
I enjoy giving precise details in my recipe posts to lead my readers through any questions. If you’re just here for the printable recipe, you can Jump to Recipe to head straight there!
Why You Will Love this Christmas tree cake dip
- Quick and Easy – Quickly throw it together, then chill for an hour or until ready to serve!
- Family Favorite – This crowd-pleasing recipe is loved by kids, parents, and everyone!
- Fun – Enjoy this easy, delicious, festive dip at your next holiday party.
- Simple Recipe – I’ve taken Little Debbie’s original recipe and made it healthier using homemade Cool Whip instead of storebought.
Simple Ingredients for Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes | You need one box of five seasonal Little Debbie snack cakes, or two if you want it really “cakey”.
- Cream cheese | Make sure it’s room temperature cream cheese for a smoother dip.
- Vanilla | Add vanilla extract to deepen the dip flavor of this easy recipe.
- Whipping Cream | I like using my homemade Cool Whip recipe with heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. But thawed Cool Whip from the grocery store also works.
- Milk | Bring creamy flavor and silky texture with whole milk.
- Holiday Sprinkles | Top off the festive treat with your favorite Christmas sprinkles.
How to Make Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Step 1 | Make homemade Cool Whip (optional)
If you are making homemade Cool Whip, do that now. Place heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to fold into the sweet treat.
- If you use store-bought Cool Whip instead, purchase an 8-ounce container and thaw it before using.
Step 2 | Make Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
Then, break up the Little Debbie’s snack cakes into smaller pieces, saving about ¾ of one cake to stick in the top of the final dip, if desired.
- We enjoy this holiday dip on the smoother side, but if you prefer the texture of the dip a little more chunky, mix it less time, or reserve some of the snack cakes and stir in after blending.
Step 3 | Fold in Cool Whip and Chill
Add the prepared homemade Cool Whip and gently fold together until combined.
Time to chill. Place the dip in a serving bowl and cover it with plastic wrap to refrigerate until ready to use or for at least an hour, allowing the flavors to marry.
When ready to serve, don’t forget to add the reserved tree cake and festive sprinkles!
Suggested Little Debbie Christmas tree dippers
Serve this easy dip with your favorite dippers, like graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, shortbread cookies, fudge Ritz crackers, or chocolate-covered graham crackers.
Christmas tree dip fruit dippers
Try adding a little healthy fresh fruit for dipping, like strawberries, fresh grapes, and apple slices; to brighten up your dessert platter.
Enjoy this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake dip for all of your holiday parties this year!
- We preferred our dip to be silky smooth, but others liked theirs with chunky texture.
- If you want a chunky yet smooth texture, keep out a couple of Christmas tree cakes and stir them into the whipped cream.
- This easy dessert recipe can also be made in a food processor, but note that your dip will be smooth!
Variations & Substitutions
Chocolate Christmas Tree Dip: Add ¼ – ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips and 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and use chocolate Christmas tree cakes for extra chocolate goodness.
More Cake Flavor: Use two boxes of Little Debbie Christmas Trees packages for a more nostalgic snack cake flavor.
Peppermint Snack Cake Dip: Make the Christmas dip extra suited for the holidays by adding peppermint extract to the recipe, then garnish with crushed candy canes!
Other Snack Cakes: Use your favorite holiday snack cakes from Little Debbie Company – Try your favorites and make this treat for other special occasions!
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! This is an easy make-ahead recipe for an upcoming Christmas party. After combining the ingredients, store the covered dip in the fridge for up to a few days before the texture changes significantly.
Yes! This dip recipe is easy to adjust. Add chocolate, peppermint, caramel, candy canes, sprinkles, white chocolate chips, or fun extracts to make something new!
Zebra cakes are the year-round version of seasonal Christmas Tree Cakes. They are both yellow cakes with a cream filling. The only difference is the chocolate drizzle on top of the Zebra cakes and the green sprinkles with red stripes on the seasonal snack cakes. So, they are interchangeable.
For longer storage, freeze the snack cakes in their original plastic wrappers in a large zip-top bag. Then, let them thaw on the countertop or fridge with the wrappers removed.
Refrigerate – Store leftover snack cake dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four to seven days.
Can you freeze Christmas Tree Cake Dip?
While this dip lasts well in the fridge, if needed, you may freeze it in an airtight container up to 2 months; the texture might change upon thawing. Thaw overnight in the fridge and stir well before serving.
What to Serve with Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip Recipe
Make this dip recipe just how you like it! Start by blending with small chunks still visible, give it a taste, and then continue mixing if a smoother texture is preferred.
More Easy Dessert Dips
- Easy 3-ingredient Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
- Best Chocolate Fruit Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
- Easy Oreo Fluff Dessert Dip Recipe (No Cool Whip)
- Best Pumpkin Fluff Recipe (Pumpkin Pie Dip)
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and leave a comment below the recipe!
Easy Christmas Tree Dip Recipe (Little Debbie)
Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
Make Homemade Cool Whip or thaw store bought
- In a clean bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, pour cold heavy whipping cream. Whip until soft peaks form and then add powdered sugar (to desired sweetness) and vanilla extract, whipping until stiff peaks form, place in fridge until ready to use.If you choose to use Cool Whip instead, purchase an 8 ounce container and thaw it first before using.
Christmas Tree Dip
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, place the softened cream cheese (8 ounces), and break apart the Little Debbie’s snack cakes, reserving ¾ of one to place on top as decoration if desired.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix until desired consistency. I liked ours smooth, but others like theirs with some chunky texture.
- Fold in homemade cool whip or thawed cool whip until combined. Place in bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour for best flavor.
- Add reserved ¾ Christmas tree cake to the top if desired and decorate with Christmas sprinkles. Serve with your favorite dippers.
- Keep out 1 or 2 Christmas tree cakes, and stir them in with the whipped cream if you want a chunky vs smooth texture.
- Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, shortbread cookies, chocolate-covered Ritz (great sweet/salty flavor), or chocolate-covered grahams.
- Fresh fruit for dipping is also great, such as strawberries, fresh grapes and sliced apples.
Variations & Substitutions
- Prefer something chocolatey? Add ¼ – ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips and 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and use chocolate Christmas tree cakes for extra chocolate goodness.
- More Cake Flavor: Use two boxes of Little Debbie Christmas Trees packages for a more nostalgic snack cake flavor.
- Peppermint Snack Cake Dip: Make the Christmas dip extra suited for the holidays by adding peppermint extract to the recipe, then garnish with crushed candy canes!
- Other Snack Cakes: Use your favorite holiday snack cakes from Little Debbie Company – Try your favorites and make this treat for other special occasions!