As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
Do you get stuck in the “what’s for dinner” rut?
Or are you a planner, thinking about what you will make in the morning (or even the night before) and taking something out of the freezer?
Normally, I am a planner, but for some reason at this time of year, I struggle — maybe it’s the cloudy and snowy one day (yes, it snowed a little on Tuesday night!) and then we spike to the mid 70’s.
What’s for dinner??? I get stuck — yes, even food bloggers get stuck. I have an amazing library of cookbooks, the internet and Pinterest at our fingertips, and yet, I look in the pantry or freezer and sigh.
Which is why I especially love meals that come together in less than 30 minutes and for the most part you can decide to make it at the last minute with a few ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
Best Easy Weeknight Meals
So I am thrilled to bring you a slam dunk, super easy weeknight meal, that is simple enough for your family, yet elegant enough to serve to company!
Welcome the newest recipe to the blog!
Creamy Tuscan Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
With just a few simple ingredients you will have a creamy, restaurant-style pasta dish on the table! The best part, if you have an instant pot you can make it lickety split, or on the stove top a smidge longer, but still easy! I also like that it makes enough for 4 people, but can easily be doubled!
And since I am feeding hungry teenage boys, I knew I would need to add protein, so I grilled some chicken breasts marinated in my favorite Trader Joe’s dressing (don’t buy on Amazon tho, too expensive!), 6 minutes per side, then let rest 5 minutes, covered! Juicy, delicious chicken every-single-time!
More Easy Weeknight Meals
Here are a few more of my favorite easy weeknight mostly 30 minute meals!
- Penna alla Vodka | super, super simple and people will be AMAZED at the rich and delicious taste!
- Best Cheesesteak Sandwiches | seriously, rich, juicy and hearty!
- Raspberry Glazed Salmon | Easy AND Healthy!
- Best Bacon Sloppy Joe’s | they ain’t quite as sloppy as regular, bound together with rich tomato sauce.
- Asian Marinated Pork Tenderloin | since grilling season has commenced, this is always a winner!
- Lighter Chicken Parmesan | read the quote from a reader below!
OH WOW! This is delicious. I have been searching for a good Parmesan chicken and this one knocks it out of the park. Zero modifications to this, it’s perfect AS IS. Your homemade spaghetti sauce is out of this world too! So much so my husband is already begging me to make it again. I’m excited to try other recipes from your site as I was totally blown away by this one and the spaghetti sauce!
Grill season is upon us and you can tell things are heating up, by what is gaining popularity!
- Carrabbas Grill Seasoning | so delicious on seriously, EVERYTHING! Chicken, Fish, Veggies, Beef, Pork….
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream | even me, a non-chocolate fan LOVES this ice cream!
- Best Banana Bread (EVER!) | A quick extra step makes this banana bread a forever favorite!
- Cowboy Bacon Baked Beans | read that again, slowly! Yup, these are so good!
- Key Lime Pie | is pretty much my top recipe each week with 100’s making and commenting on it on Pinterest!
If you haven’t bought one, you might want to explore it, they aren’t going away and once you get the hang of it, it really is EASY! I have friends who love theirs just for making hard-boiled eggs!
My favorite part is that you can easily put in frozen chicken or other frozen meats and have a delicious meal still in minutes! Check out all of my Instant Pot recipes here.
Have a blessed weekend and I appreciate you hanging around!
P.S. Be sure to browse through last weeks Fresh Fridays for more great recipes!
Visit The Fresh Cooky’s Amazon Shop
About Kathleen Pope
Recipe Innovator | Food Photographer | Food Writer
Hi, I’m Kathleen Pope. Here at The Fresh Cooky you will find easy, mostly from-scratch, trusted recipes for all occasions. From speedy dinners to tasty desserts, with easy step-by-step instructions. I am here to help teach you how to make mouthwatering recipes without spending hours in the kitchen. Read more about Kathleen here.