Thanks for making my day by SHARING!
This simple, yet elegant make-ahead Giant Cadbury Cookie Cake is the perfect and quick dessert for any Easter or Spring celebration. Easy, chewy, a giant sugar cookie studded with chocolate Cadbury eggs, a new Easter tradition your family will love.
I am always looking for quick, make ahead desserts that I can whip up and have on hand, especially for holidays — instant hit!
My eggs cracked, but they look kind of cute, all crackly and since nothing I do is ever perfect, this works great for me.
How to make a giant sugar cookie
The perfect Easter dessert, whether it’s for a brunch, lunch or dinner. It’s really just a giant baked sugar cookie, chewy, soft and delicious; studded with crunchy and creamy mini Cadbury Eggs.
Easy Steps for a Giant Cookie Cake
- Start by placing 1 cup of softened butter (I used salted butter) into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip it up for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Preheat your oven to 350º and grease a 10″ or 12″ tart, pie dish or it would be delicious cast iron skillet.
- Pour sugar to the whipped butter. I use unbleached all-natural cane sugar, which is a bit more coarse than refined white sugar, so whip it a bit longer, 2-3 minutes with the butter and brown sugar.
- Next add your brown sugar…cream it well, for a minute or two. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour in your vanilla a generous tablespoon of it, gives it a beautiful vanilla flavor.
- Add your eggs, one at a time; just until blended.
- While eggs are mixing, in a medium bowl stir together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add flour to the butter and sugar mixture, until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared tart pan and press to fill the entire pan, trying to get it as even as possible. Try placing a piece of parchment paper on top and smooth cookie dough.
The Secret to non-sinking Cadbury Eggs
- Bake for 9-12 minutes at 350° then remove from oven on a cooling rack and press Cadbury Candy Eggs into the cookie in desired pattern. I didn’t quite use the entire cup of candies.
KATHLEEN’S TIP | Make sure to keep the oven door closed while you are pressing the candies on top so the heat doesn’t escape.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 7-10 minutes until top is no longer glossy. If you prefer a more underdone cookie (like I do!) then remove sooner, if you prefer it more cooked all the way through, go to the end of that time.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack completely before serving.
Slice and serve like you would a pie, maybe even with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top!
OPTIONAL | If you prefer, you may add the candy eggs directly to the batter, stirring them in gently as to not crush them. Or place Cadbury Mini Eggs before you bake, pressing gently into the soft dough.
Recipe adapted from her Julie Blanner’s Cadbury Cookie Cake.
Give these other springtime recipes a try as well:
- Sugar Cookie Bars for a Crowd
- Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
- Easter Bunny Dirt Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Salad
- Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
- Mock Eggs Benedict
- Whopper Brownies
- Strawberry Buttermilk Scones
- Cadbury Egg Cookies with grass or mud puddles!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️star rating in the recipe below!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, all-natural cane sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Cadbury Candy Eggs (Mini Eggs) (or try M & M's, Reese's Pieces, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease or spray a 10" or 12" tart pan or pie plate or cast iron skillet.
- Combine butter in mixer, whipping for 1 minute. Add sugars and mix on medium-high for 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes if using all-natural cane sugar. Add vanilla and combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture, mix on low. Spoon dough into prepared tart pan and smooth out as much as possibly, pressing evenly. Place parchment paper or wax paper over top and smooth with hands.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, then remove from oven (closing door) and place on cookie sheet. Quickly, press Cadbury Eggs (or other candy coated chocolates) in desired pattern on top of half-baked cookie. Return to oven and bake for an additional 7-11 minutes until lightly browned on top. I prefer mine a little less baked, crisp edges and chewier center. Cool completely on cooling rack and slice like you would a pie.
- Make ahead 1 day and keep refrigerated until ready to serve, remove from refrigerator 30-60 minutes prior to serving. May be frozen for up to 1 month, bring to room temperature before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
HIC Round Quiche, Fine White Porcelain, 10 x 1.5-Inches
Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned
Farberware 5172565 Baker's Advantage Ceramic Pie Dish 10-Inch Teal
KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl - Sea Glass
CADBURY Easter Chocolate Candy, Mini Eggs, 10 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate, at times it pulls information for suggestions and options which may increase calories, etc. Nutritional information will change based on used ingredients, quantities used, etc.