Creamy sherried chicken salad, bursting with fresh grapes, toasted crunchy almonds, fresh green onions in a flavorful sherry dressing. Why is it that I feel as if Chicken Salad is reserved for Spring and Summer? For some reason, this is the time of year that I start to crave this creamy, chunky, crunchy and satisfying salad! But it’s delicious anytime of year!
SHERRIED CHICKEN SALAD
I collected this recipe from a friend that I met while we lived for a short time back in the Washington DC area. She’s a marvelous cook and I have numerous recipes from her during our time back there, those recipes hold a special meaning to me. She was a friendly face during a tumultuous time in our lives and I am so grateful for her!
This recipe for Sherried Chicken Salad is perfect to make on the weekend, then you can nosh on it all week long. Change it up each day; place a scoop or two on a bed of great lettuce, garnish with some celery sticks, a little bunch of grapes, or eat with crackers, on a croissant, some whole wheat bread, or in a pita or a yummy roll!
Or make it for a luncheon with a variety of breads and crackers allowing people to make their own.
In a large mixing bowl, add your chopped or shredded chicken. Chop your green onions, halve your grapes, toss in your toasted* slivered, almonds, chop celery, if desired.
How to Toast Almonds
Next, make your dressing in a small bowl, add your sour cream, mayo, seasoning salt, sherry (I used a Port) and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Pour over the chicken salad mixture.
Stir gently to combine. Refrigerate an hour before serving for best flavors. Best if enjoyed with a week.
Looking for more great, fresh recipes?
Enjoy this recipe for Sherried Chicken Salad? Please leave a comment and rate the recipe in the recipe card.
Hashtag any recipes you make from The Fresh Cooky #thefreshcooky or tag me @thefreshcooky on Instagram to be featured on our stories!
- 6 c. chopped cooked chicken
- 3 c. sliced green or red grapes
- 1 c. toasted slivered almonds
- 2 celery ribs, diced (optional)
- 3 green onions, minced
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. sour cream (omit for keto)
- 2 T. sherry (Port or Madiera may be substituted)
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt (like Lawry’s)
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Croissants, Rolls, Crackers or Bread for serving with and or on (optional)
- Leafy Green Lettuce (optional)
- Chop or shred chicken (I usually buy pre-cooked antibiotic free rotisserie chicken) and place in large bowl. Wash, pat dry, halve the grapes, add to chicken. Chop the green onions and add to chicken and grapes. Chop celery if using, into small pieces
- Add toasted* almonds. In a separate smaller bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, sherry, seasoning salt and pepper. Mix together well and pour over the chicken salad, gently mix throughout salad mixture
- Refrigerate an hour for best taste prior to serving. Serve a portion on a lettuce leaf with crackers or on a roll or croissant as sandwiches.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Eddington 50002 Italian Olive Wood Cooking Spoon,
- Eddington 50012 Italian Olive Wood Salad Server, Handcrafted in Europe, 2-Piece Set, 13-Inches
- Reese Sherry Cooking Wine, 12.7 oz
- Nature's Eats Blanched Slivered Almonds, 10 Ounce
- Bestone Salad Plates White Porcelain,8 Inch,Set of 6
- Anchor Hocking 2 Quart Glass Batter Bowl With Lid (81106L11)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 29g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate.