As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
Delicious, salted chocolate graham bites are a super easy, chewy, bar cookie, that when cut into bite size pieces makes oodles for a holiday party, cookie exchange, or just to tuck into lunch boxes for a special holiday surprise.
Also called Magic Bars, because these magically come together with very few ingredients and taste like magic!
Looking for more great Christmas cookies? Try these: Classic Shortbread, Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies, Koulourakia Greek Cookies, and of course the classics like Joy’s Cutout Sugar Cookies and Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies.
I made these chocolate graham bites Thanksgiving week, while we were staying in Crested Butte with family.
I only tell you this because I was in a rental kitchen, at even higher than my normal high altitude and these babies turned out great! Bake away, even in a rental!
Today’s Salted Chocolate Graham Bites recipe is a part of a food blogger virtual cookie swap (The Sweetest Season) hosted by my friend Erin at The Speckled Palate. Here’s how Erin describes it.
“A yearly celebration of sugar and butter. A gathering of Internet friends around a virtual cookie table. A way to make new friends, share new recipes and prepare for the upcoming holiday baking season.”Erin at The Speckled Palate
How to make Magic Bars, a magical bar cookie
In fact my oldest son asked me at least twice, with an edge to his voice I might add,
“How long have you had this recipe?” and when I answered, “awhile”, he said, “WHY is THIS the first time you are making them??” with a look on his face, that only a 17 year old can have when feeling like he’s been jipped in the cookie department!
Whatev’s! Plus my adult nieces, nephews, brother and sister-in-law, gobbled them up!
I love cookie exchange treats that can easily be made in bulk, so-to-speak. Meaning I am not scooping, rolling or cutting cookies for hours on end.
Simple Chocolate Graham Bite Ingredients
- 1 box (14 oz) organic graham crackers (3 sleeves)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 bags milk chocolate chips, divided (I used Ghirardelli)
- 2 (14 oz) cans organic sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade bourbon vanilla)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Fleur de Sel or Flaky Sea Salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional topping in place of melted chocolate)
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- See below for Gluten free and dairy free options
GLUTEN FREE & DAIRY FREE COOKIE OPTIONS
- Gluten free, substitute gluten free graham crackers
- Dairy Free, substitute coconut sweetened condensed milk
- GF & DF sub milk chocolate chips with gluten free – dairy free chips
- Note | I have not tried these options, but my hunch is this is a pretty forgiving recipe and they will most likely work!
Can I make Chocolate Graham cookies ahead of time?
YES! These last well on the counter up to 7 days in an airtight container, may be frozen up to 3 months.
Note that the chocolate might get a bit grayish (still very edible) and the powdered sugar might melt into the cookie. My recommendation would be to freeze as a whole or just the squares before you finish them.
More great Holiday Cookie Exchange Treats
- Andes Mint Brownie Bites
- Sugar Cookie Bites
- Browned Butter Sugar Cookie Bars (I apologize for the photos, need to re-shoot, they are really amazing)
- Pan Banging Sugar Cookies (huge, huge, huge hit)
- Check out all of my holiday recipes here!
Merry Christmas and happy cookie baking to you!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and comment below the recipe!