Just add your chocolate chips and coconut oil (solid) to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20-30 second bursts.
Be sure to stir after each heating, it shouldn’t really take longer than about 60 seconds. If too thick, add an additional tablespoon of coconut oil. Heat and stir until completely smooth.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature, stir well before topping on ice cream again.
More awesome ice cream and topping recipes!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️star rating in the recipe below!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (may substitute milk chocolate or white chocolate chips)
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil measured when solid
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt or try Maldon's flaky Sea Salt
- Add the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30 second increments, making sure to stir very well after each heating, adding additional tablespoon coconut oil if too thick. Stirring well until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in cocoa powder, vanilla bean paste and sea salt until combined. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then top on ice cream of choice.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature, stir well before topping on ice cream again. If hardens, heat in 20 second increments in microwave on 50% power, adding a little more coconut oil if needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate, at times it pulls information for suggestions and options which may increase calories, etc. Nutritional information will change based on used ingredients, quantities used, etc.