Homemade Magic Shell
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
Just add your chocolate chips and coconut oil (solid) to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20-30 second bursts.
Be sure to stir after each heating, it shouldn’t really take longer than about 60 seconds. If too thick, add an additional tablespoon of coconut oil. Heat and stir until completely smooth.
Stir in vanilla bean paste and salt, stir to combine.
Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then spoon onto ice cream of choice! Even better, try it drizzled over my easy ice cream cake or Mile High Mud Pie! Oh MY!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature, stir well before topping on ice cream again.
More awesome ice cream and topping recipes!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and comment below the recipe!
Homemade Magic Shell
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks, may substitute milk chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil measured when solid
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt or try Maldon’s flaky Sea Salt
- Add the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30 second increments, making sure to stir very well after each heating, adding additional tablespoon coconut oil if too thick. Stirring well until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in cocoa powder, vanilla bean paste and sea salt until combined. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then top on ice cream of choice.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, stir well before topping on ice cream again. If hardens, heat in 20 second increments in microwave on 50% power, adding a little more coconut oil if needed.
The Fresh Cooky is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
About Kathleen Pope
Recipe Innovator | Food Photographer | Food Writer
Hi, I’m Kathleen Pope. Here at The Fresh Cooky you will find easy, mostly from-scratch, trusted recipes for all occasions. From speedy dinners to tasty desserts, with easy step-by-step instructions. I am here to help teach you how to make mouthwatering recipes without spending hours in the kitchen. Read more about Kathleen here.