Simply, easy, fudgy, thick Chocolate Ganache! Don’t be afraid of it, truly it’s the most easy and decedent confection to make! Use it as a frosting, layering in a cake, filling a cupcake, layered in an ice cream cake or poured over ice cream!
Simply pour your chocolate chips into a microwave safe measuring bowl along with your whipping cream.
Heat in 20-30 second bursts in the microwave, stirring well after each heating.
Once smooth and all chocolate has melted, plunk in your softened butter and stir or whisk until melted and incorporated.
Recommended for this RecipePrint
Easy Chocolate Ganache
A thick, fudgy, chocolate and cream mixture that is delicious as layers on cakes, frosting a cake or pouring over an ice cream cake.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 seconds
- Total Time: 6.5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (may use all semisweet or milk chocolate)
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour in chocolate chips and whipping cream.
- Heat in 30 second bursts in the microwave, stirring well between heatings. (Should only take about 60-90 seconds)
- Once melted and smooth and thoroughly combined, place in butter and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, use as desired.
Delicious as a layer on a cake, or pour over a cake for a quick and delicious frosting, also wonderful in ice cream cake desserts or just poured over ice cream!
Keywords: Chocolate Ganache, Frosting, Layering, Rich, Fudgy, pourable chocolate