The ultimate summertime sandwich! With the seasons best; juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, mozzarella, sweet basil, a drizzle of balsamic glaze and of course bacon! The ultimate Caprese BLT Sandwich!
This bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich was fantastic! I mean, tomatoes are at their peak, my little tomato plants even produced several this year, I had some fresh mozzarella, always have fresh basil in my garden and yes, I keep bacon at all times!
I Dislike Making Lunches, You?
True confessions — I really dislike making lunches! LOL! And I’m not a huge fan of leftovers, which leaves me in a quandary at times.
I was trying to think of what to make for my husband, son and I for lunch this week, virtual school and working from home and all — something we’d all love, and the Caprese BLT was born!
INGREDIENTS FOR CAPRESE BLT’S
- Bread | I love Pumpernickel and it shined in this sandwich, my husband chose sourdough and my son chose whole wheat! What will you choose?
- Bacon | Nice and crispy please, I typically plan 3-4 slices a sandwich depending on how thin or small my bacon is.
- Tomatoes | well it wouldn’t be a BL”T” without the tomatoes would it! Juicy beefsteak, Roma or whatever you have available, sliced on the thicker side, sprinkled with a touch of salt.
- Fresh Mozzarella | Sliced about the same thickness as your tomato
- Fresh Basil | I used both chopped basil sprinkled over the top of the sandwich was well as whole leaves. Your preference
- Lettuce | we like Romaine kind of cups the ingredients holding it in.
- Balsamic Glaze | Wow does this add great flavor!
- Mayonnaise | spread a thin layer (or thick if you are my hubby)
- Salt & Pepper | optional
- Avocado slices | Optional; slice it up and add it to the sandwich!
How to Assemble your Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Caprese style
- Fry up bacon, we like it pretty crispy, but cook to your liking.
- Toast bread to your desired toastedness!
- While bacon is frying and bread is toasting, slice tomatoes, cheese, basil and avocados
- Slather a little real mayo (my fave) on the toast
- Layer in the following order;
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Top with second piece of mayo slathered toast, cut in half and devour!
That’s it! Super easy, delicious almost no cook lunch!
COOKS TIP | Surprise your family with bacon for breakfast and simply cook up the extra you will need for the sandwiches, then reheat before making sandwiches.
LIKE it? PIN to your favorite Sandwich Board!
Try these other amazing sandwiches for lunch or dinner sometime!
- Pretzel Roll Sliders from my friend Chellie
- Best Cheesesteak Sandwich Recipe
- Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich from my friend Norine
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich from my friend Lynn
Sharing this week on Weekend Potluck – check out all the fun!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️star rating in the recipe below!
- 2 slices of your favorite bread, toasted (shown pumpernickel, try sourdough, whole wheat, white, rye)
- 3-4 slices Bacon, cooked crisp (I used pre-cooked and warmed to crisp)
- 2-3 slices of tomato
- 2-3 slices of Fresh Mozzarella
- 3 fresh basil leaves, whole or chopped or mix of both
- 1 lettuce leaf, washed (I used Romaine)
- 1-2 teaspoons real mayonnaise (more or less to taste)
- Drizzle of Balsamic Glaze
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2-3 slices of Avocado (Optional)
Fry up bacon, we like it pretty crispy, but cook to your liking. Toast bread to your desired toastedness!
While bacon is frying and bread is toasting, slice tomatoes, cheese, basil and avocados. Slather a little real mayo on the toast
Layer on toast in the following order; bacon, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, balsamic vinegar glaze, avocado (optional), salt and pepper, lettuce.
Top with second piece of mayo slathered toast, cut in half and devour!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roland Foods Balsamic Vinegar Glaze of Modena, 12.84 Ounce
Mercer Culinary Renaissance Forged Tomato Knife, 5 Inch
Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Traditional Mayo 24 oz., Non-GMO, 100% Pure, Unsweetened, Gluten Free, Dairy Free for Sandwiches, Dressings and Sauces
EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board 18 x 12
Wusthof Santoku knife 5 inch; Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1469mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 26g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate, at times it pulls information for suggestions and options which may increase calories, etc. Nutritional information will change based on used ingredients, quantities used, etc.