I’m not a huge drinker, but I do love me a good margarita! There is something so very refreshing about the crushed ice, salty and limey deliciousness of them! And this is a very simple, barely- even-need-a-recipe kind of recipe! But this one did come from my friend Allison from back in my MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) days. I’m so grateful for it, because I whip it out all the time. In the summer I try and keep the ingredients on hand, it’s quick and simple for those times when you need a quick drink for someone stopping by.
First start with super simple ingredients, 4 ingredients is all you need!
I’m going to try and make this sometime with only lime juice and not the sweetened Rose’s Lime juice, I bet they are just as yummy.
Pour 1 cup of Rose’s Sweetened Lime Juice, 1 cup Tequila and 1 cup of apple juice into a pitcher, add ½ cup Triple Sec and stir. That’s it! Serve over ice with a salted rim (if desired) and a squeeze of lime. WARNING: They are strong! Very easily doubled or tripled for larger crowds. Please, please always drink responsibly.
TIP: When salting the rim, don’t put the ice in first (like I tend to forget). Use your lime first and rub it around the rim of the glass, then dip your glass (upside down) in your salt, then put your ice in. Beautiful every time.
While you are at it, throw together a quick appetizer tray. So easy to assemble, it doesn’t need to be fancy. I bought some olives, cherries, Marcona almonds, cheeses and crackers, tossed in some strawberries and there you have it! Delicious, colorful and nutritious!
Perfect for a hot summer day!
- 1 cup Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice (typically found in the mixer aisle)
- 1 cup Tequila (your choice)
- 1 cup apple juice (I prefer non-filtered)
- ½ cup Triple Sec (I prefer natural)
- Lime cut into wedges
- Salt for rims, if desired.
- Measure 1 cup of each Rose's Lime Juice, Tequila and Apple Juice into pitcher
- Measure ½ cup Triple Sec and add to above, stirring well.
- Serve over ice in a glass rimmed with salt and a fresh lime wedge on top.
- Easily doubled or tripled.