Holiday Games that are insanely fun for everyone, whether you are hosting an adult party, youth group, family party or classroom party! Keep reading for 23 creative, fun, low cost games to play this holiday season!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs.
Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
Does the mere mention of games make you want to run for cover, or jump up and down with excitement. I am somewhere in the middle, I kind of groan when I hear “let’s play a game” and yet, typically once I am doing it, I find myself having fun!
Our family takes turns hosting the holidays and a few years ago, I decided that instead of sitting around and eating the entire time that we would play a couple of games.
And yes, there were groans, but judging from the pictures…I think everyone had fun! There is a bit of competition in us all.
My friend, Natalie, who graciously hosts our Book Club Couples Christmas Party each year, introduced me to these games.
Game 1 | Ski Gloves and Kisses
Family, Kid and LARGE group friendly! This game is great for larger groups as you can have as many teams as you want/need.
Supplies and Set Up
- Divide group into two even teams (men vs. women, couples vs. couples, kids vs. parents, etc.)
- Provide a pair of extra large ski gloves (not mittens) per team
- Place a bowl of holiday Hershey’s Kisses by each of the gloves (or one larger bowl between the two)
- Host should be the moderator or starter
- Once teams are in place, have them line up one behind the other, from an even starting point.
- Start about 10-20 feet (as much room as you can allow) from the ski gloves and Kisses
Instructions for Ski Glove Kisses
- Instruct teams that they have to run to the table (we used our pool table) or counter
- Put on the gloves and OPEN a Hershey’s kiss with their gloved hands.
- Eat the kiss and run back and tag the next in line
- First team to have all team members legally do each step wins!
- If you want to give a prize, here are a couple of ideas: Lotto tickets for the each winner (cheap) or give them a baggie of Kisses each or a candy cane.
- They have to put the gloves on
- With gloves on, they need to “open” the kiss, but people have been known to pop the whole thing in their mouth, foil and all and chomp away (oh my fillings) — up to you to allow!
- Play fair, no bumping, grabbing the bowl, grabbing a glove from the other team, etc.
Game 2 | Reindeer Games
This is probably my favorite! It encourages all to be engaged and laughing and you start to see who in your group is really competitive.
- Cheap panty hose (1 pair per team, as many teams as you’d like)
- Red, Brown or White (not blown up) balloons (6 per team)
Instructions for Game
- Divide groups evenly into teams of about 3-4 people each. By families, or however you want to divide.
- Give each group a pair of panty hose and 6 balloons
- The first team to get all 6 balloons blown up and stuffed into each leg of the panty hose and put on one person’s head WINS.
- Don’t give instructions as to how full to blow up or anything like that. The trick really is to blow them up small and stuff inside.
- Be sure to have your camera handy! And be sure to allow all teams to finish even though you might only have one winner.
- Prizes could be these cute foam red noses, lotto tickets, candy canes, or something small from the dollar store.
NEED MORE HOLIDAY GAME IDEAS?
I polled my blogging friends and they shared even more holiday game ideas!
Get your Guests Off their Phones – Start Some Board Games
- Dutch Blitz (be sure to buy the expansion pack)
- Relative Insanity
- Code Names
- Taboo and Catch Phrase (classics!)
- Lost in Translation (haven’t played, but it’s on my wish list!)
Pop Over to My Most Recent Posts
- Cola and Bourbon Glazed Ham
- Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies
- Salted Chocolate Graham Bites
- Chocolate Bread Pudding + Video
- Crème Anglaise
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Terms & Conditions