HOW TO HOST A FAVORITE THINGS PARTY!
Ever hosted a Favorite Things Party?! Oh my goodness are YOU in for a treat, they are so much fun!
*At the end of the post I share my own list of Favorite Things for the summer!
–> PIN IT NOW to REMEMBER LATER <–
In fact, I just attended one last night for our book club! Below is Erin, our beautiful, Southern Hostess who put together a delicious, fun, creative, beautiful evening! Most of us have known each other for at least 15+ years, some longer! We were all in the same MOPS group together back in the day!
It was a beautiful, warm Colorado evening and we laughed, guffawed and giggled! We each enjoyed playing “Vanna White” while we highlighted our favorite things! Here’s our table with everything on display! Everyone was so creative!
I should have had someone snap a pic of me with my favorite thing (which was the LifeFactory Water Bottle [top right in picture] and Sun Bum Lip Tint)…but someone did get one of me and my sweet friend, Kathie!
How does a FAVORITE THINGS PARTY work?
Simply invite your friends over for a party! If you do a smaller, more intimate party, have each person bring enough gifts for everyone attending, then everyone goes home with the same items. If you do it larger (we had 12) it was easiest to do three items!
- Establish a price limit per item (Go with your budget, usually between $7 – $15 per item)
- Guests purchase 3 of the same item; their “Favorite Thing”
- Instruct guests to “wrap” them so that they can be seen (ribbon, cello bag, etc.)
- When guests arrive, have them write their name on 3 slips of paper, placing each one in a different basket; you should then have 3 baskets each persons name one time in each basket.
- Display gifts in one location, have each guest, “Vanna White” or show off, talk up, etc. their favorite thing. Once everyone has shown off their item…
- …pick one name out of basket #1; that person gets to go and “shop” from all of the gifts.
- Repeat until all of the names have been picked from the 1st basket, then repeat with the 2nd basket on round two and then round 3.
- NO stealing, no pressure just going home with three beautiful new items…um what’s not to love about that idea!?!
- Ultimately you’ll do three rounds of gift “shopping” and everyone will go home with 3 new favorite things.
*When I hosted my party, I waited until the very end and took the last three items, Erin chose her item at the end of each round, or throw your name in each basket and pick when your name is pulled!
A few pointers for a SMOOTH running Favorite Things Party!
- Ask someone to compile a list of each item with the following information:
- Who brought each item
- What they brought (including branding)
- Where they purchased it and anything special about it.
- Send the list to everyone after the party, and maybe even to those who weren’t able to make it.
- If they want to purchase an item, they will have all of the information
- If someone is tight on finances, encourage them to bring what they can afford; then they place their name in the number of baskets correlating to the number of items brought.
- Make it a potluck! We brought appetizers, desserts and our hostess supplied, wine, beer, drinks and water! YUMMERS!
- Take pictures! Girls are funny, a little competitive, and so much fun, what fabulous memories!
- Dedicate a table to display the gifts in an area where you can all see it and sit near it.
Your invite list doesn’t need to be from one specific group; the one I hosted with a friend last Christmas was with my scrapbooking group, book club friends, my co-hosts school friends and some church friends and neighbors; we had a blast!
One last picture, Marnie and I have a special bond, we both started MOPS about the same time, both pregnant with our second and due within a few weeks of each other, only to discover we had the same Obstetrician! I was due after her, but because of complications with my first pregnancy and a new hospital that recently opened (where she wanted to give birth), I was scheduled for an induction before her! I hope she’s forgiven me for that! Anyway our kids are just a day apart and only because the Dr. couldn’t be two places at once!
Today I’m sharing with you a few of my favorite things Summer Edition!
Do you have products that you just adore? Here are a few of mine, I use most of them daily!
These Milkhouse Creamery Candles are my favorite candles! Made with soy wax infused with beeswax, paraffin free. They burn a long time and the scents are amazing, this Cup O’ Joe is delicious! I haven’t smelled any that haven’t been pleasing.
I love these glass LifeFactory Glass Water Bottles, they BPA-free and phthalate-free, dishwasher safe, all important for me! Plus they are cute!
This fun and easy Messy Bun Scrunchie is the perfect answer to a bad hair day, which seems like every day for me in the summer. I wear my hair up most days and sometime you just want cuter hair, comes in all colors and shades.
My very favorite walking shoes! I’ve been wearing Salomon Trail Runners for about 6 years now and I love them. They are so very comfortable, secure and hold up so well. I wasn’t born with great feet and these are one of the few shoes that I can be comfortable in for hours.
This year I discovered FarmHouse Fresh Goods, and their Honey Heel Glaze is amazing! This sweet, honey-based moisturizer is made just for your heels and toes, using ingredients like honey, aloe, pineapple and papaya to soothe and hydrate tired feet. Smooth and non-greasy, the formula is fragranced with notes of cinnamon, sweet cloves, and honey.
Sunburn? Minor burns…this Alba Aloe Vera Gel is amazing and truly takes the sting out of a burn. A couple years ago I burnt the palm of my hand grabbing the handle of a very hot cast iron pan. YOUCH! I thought I was going to have to go to the ER, when I remembered my Aloe Gel, I soaked some gauze with the gel and wrapped my hand in it; by morning the burn was gone!! Both the sting and the blister! Soothes minor burns, sun burns, irritations and dry skin, calms touchy, irritable skin.
And lastly, I love this nourishing lip tint by IT Cosmetics.
If you try them, I do hope you enjoy them!
GO AHEAD! PIN IT FOR THIS SUMMER!