Creamy ice cream layered on a buttery cookie crust with layers of your favorite toppings drizzled between! An easy entertaining recipe, great for holidays, Father’s day and more.
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled slightly (only add as much as makes cookies moist)
- 1 family size chocolate sandwich cream cookies, divided (regular size if only making 8″ springform)
- 2 – half gallons ice cream (flavors of choice), divided & softened
- Hot Fudge, Salted Caramel or other favorite ice cream topping
- Reserved crumbs from crust
- Reserved whole cookies for decoration
- For the crust, put cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Or place in freezer baggie and smash and roll with rolling pin until big chunks are broken down. Add melted butter and add to food processor while pulsing to combine, only adding enough to moisten the cookies, might be less depending on type of cookies used.
- Reserve 3/4 – 1 cup of crumbs for middle of cake and topping. Press into base of 8, 9 or 10″ springform pan. Using a sturdy metal spatula or ice cream spade, scoop out wedges of ice cream about an inch thick, scoop until you have filled up the entire layer on top of the cookie crust. (One flavor at a time per layer). Once layer is filled with ice cream, press down to create even layer, using plastic wrap (you won’t use quite all the ice cream)
- Drizzle some of your favorite toppings over the top of the first layer of ice cream, warming topping if too thick to drizzle. Sprinkle about ¾ of reserved cookie crumbs evenly on top.
- Repeat steps above with the second ice cream flavor. Finish with a final drizzle of your favorite toppings and sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. If desired, place 3 cookies in the middle as desired.
ICE CREAM CAKE FLAVOR COMBINATIONS
- Cookies & Cream + Moose Tracks + Oreo Cookie Base (Shown)
- Traditional Mud Pie | Coffee Ice Cream + Chocolate or vanilla Toasted Almond + Oreo Cookie Base
- Mint Chip Ice Cream + Vanilla or Chocolate Chip Ice Cream + Mint Oreo Cookie Base
- Pumpkin Ice Cream + Vanilla + Gingersnap Cookie Base
- Peach or Strawberry Ice Cream + Vanilla Ice Cream + Blonde Oreo Base (garnish with fresh peaches or strawberries and a drizzle of Bourbon Caramel Vanilla Sauce.
- Black & White: Vanilla Ice Cream + Dark Chocolate Ice Cream + Oreo Cookie Base
- Christmas Ice Cream Cake | Peppermint Ice Cream + Vanilla (or chocolate if you prefer) + Peppermint or Regular Oreos base (Garnish with crushed Candy Canes)
Keywords: Ice Cream Cake