This is the coolest drink, literally! It’s so cold, refreshing, creamy and sweet-tart! If you enjoy Chick-Fil-A’s Frosted Lemonades you are going to love this Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade!
How do you spend your Saturdays in the summertime? We spend hours in the hot sun, cheering on our boys at our neighborhood swim meets. It’s fantastic and we wouldn’t trade it for anything, but we always come home, hot and sweaty and a little parched, ready for something icy cold!
This copycat Frosted Lemonade hits the spot. Do yourself a favor and save the $5 at Chick-Fil-A and make your own at home!
How to Make Your Own Copycat Frosted Lemonade at Home
With only 4 ingredients, 3 if you don’t count the water, which hopefully you have on hand, it comes together so quickly.
Squeeze your lemons into a [amazon_textlink asin=’B01L7DV502′ text=’measuring cup’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’thefreshcoo0a-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ea9d0992-9202-11e8-9204-77f973b0afab’], about 1 1/2 cups.
TIP | Did you know that your lemons will release more juice if they are room temperature? I also give them a roll with the palm of my hand.
Add your sugar into the water, stir until dissolved. I use half warm and half room temp water to help dissolve my sugar, especially since I use [amazon_textlink asin=’B00OEAWRJY’ text=’natural pure cane sugar’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’thefreshcoo0a-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’1ca850e2-9203-11e8-bb53-1d88461861ad’], which is a bit more course.
Add in your lemon juice and give it a good stir. It may be refrigerated (or even frozen for later use) at this point.
When ready to make your frosted lemonades, fill your [amazon_textlink asin=’B01FHOWYA2′ text=’blender’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’thefreshcoo0a-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fc199e8e-9201-11e8-9e58-658cc7a2798e’] with about 2 cups of good vanilla ice-cream and pour over about 3/4 cup of your homemade lemonade, blend until just smooth and light yellow, trying not to over-blend. Serve immediately!
Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon, a sprig of mint and a nice large straw (optional).
TIP | Best to make each serving individually.
If you like this recipe, give these other refreshing recipes a try!
Try it with these variations |
- Use a combination of lemons and limes | Frosted Lemon-Limeade
- Swap out orange juice for lemons and reduce sugar by 1/2 | Frosted Orange Creamsicle!
- Swap out limes for lemons | Frosted Limeade
- Add 3-4 fresh, ripe strawberries to blender with lemon juice and ice cream | Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
I’ve lightly adapted this recipe from the wonderful mother-daughter team at Savor the Flavour, check it out, their pictures are so beautiful and invite you to grab a chair and sit down for a great meal!
SHOP THIS RECIPE!
[amazon_link asins=’B01FQ1F8FE,B002W2UCK2,B0773VD2FM,B00YBP918M,B01N9FIQD8,B00OEAWRJY’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’thefreshcoo0a-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’747e1531-9202-11e8-8976-1b8541b7ac6e’]Print
This is the coolest drink, literally! It’s so cool, refreshing, creamy and sweet-tart! With only 4 ingredients, it’s an easy and refreshing drink!
Making the LEMONADE
- Wash and halve your lemons (I find it easiest to halve about half and see your juice volume)
- Juice your lemons using a hand juicer, straining if necessary.
- Stir the water and sugar together, dissolving the sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and stir into the sugar water.
- Give it a little taste, it should be pretty tart as the ice cream will sweeten it further.
- Adjust as needed with more lemon or sugar.
- Lemonade may be used immediately or refrigerated or even frozen for later use.
- Let ice cream sit on counter for 10 minutes to soften (or microwave for 15 seconds to soften)
- Scoop out about 2 cups of ice cream into blender
- Pour about 3/4 cup of your fresh lemonade to your ice cream
- Blend until thick and light yellow, but don’t over blend.
- Pour into glass and serve immediately.
- Repeat process for up to 4-5 large sized frosted lemonades.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon, a sprig of mint and a nice large straw.
Keywords: frozen lemonade, frosted lemonade, summer drink, refreshing, easy recipe, copycat, chickfila, lemon drink, lemons