A twist on the typical Gin & Tonic, incorporating seasonal fruits and thyme. Blood orange and tangerine enhance this bright and lively cocktail, perfect for a dinner party or a romantic dinner.
- 1–2 sprigs of fresh thyme, more for garnish
- 1–1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 blood orange, plus slice for garnish (substitute with a naval orange)
- 2–2 1/2 oz tangerine juice (or squeeze a tangerine or clementine)
- 1 small bottle tonic water (I like FeverTree or QDrinks)
- In a highball glass, place a couple of sprigs of thyme and muddle (crush) the thyme against the bottom of the glass.
- If desired, remove the thyme before proceeding.
- Measure and pour gin into glass.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Squeeze 1/2 of blood orange over ice.
- Pour in tangerine juice.
- Fill up glass with tonic water.
- Garnish with slice of blood orange and sprig of thyme.
Note | Easily convert this into a “Mocktail” by omitting the gin, increasing the blood orange to a full orange and increasing the tangerine juice as desired and tonic water.
Keywords: Blood Orange Gin & Tonic, Thyme, Tangerine, Cocktail, Mocktail, Holiday Drink, Christmas Drink, Winter Cocktail