Looking for a simple, filling dinner? Have leftover stew or pot roast? This simple, yet amazing recipe for beef pot pie is scrumptious, filled with creamy winter veggies and topped with an easy puff pastry crust. Comfort food for a chilly day.
REPURPOSE BEEF STEW LEFTOVERS
We always seem to have just enough leftover stew to make these, use any leftover beef stew or pot roast, since they both have a rich broth along with some veggies already cooked in. Or cook once use twice by making my Beer Beef Stew. These come together so quickly!
TIP | If you don’t want to eat it within days of each other, simply package leftover stew/pot roast and freeze, don’t forget to write what it’s for on the baggie or container.
How Do You Make Beef Pot Pies from Scratch
Pour beef stew/pot roast into a medium pot and reheat until bubbly. If the stew was frozen, simply thaw first. If desired, add additional chopped potatoes, carrots, frozen or canned green beans, and if desired corn and/or peas (optional). I prefer canned, weird I know.
Using non-stick spray, thoroughly spray desired number of bowls and fill with stew, making as large or small as your eater.
FREE 30 Day Trial of Amazon Fresh + use code GROCERY10 and get $10 off your first order of $35+
Remove one thawed phyllo dough sheet and roll out smooth, cut your square (or circle) slightly larger than your bowl. Lay on top of the bowl and brush lightly with an egg wash* if desired. Repeat to rest of bowls until all are covered.
PRO TIP | For egg wash, crack an egg in a small bowl, add a tablespoon of water and mix until blended, brush tops for golden, glossy finish.
Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and phyllo is golden brown. Serve with a crisp salad.
My Sunday Pot Roast is also another great leftover to use for this recipe, or combine several to make your own unique beef pot pie!
More comfort food recipes!
Like this recipe?
Don’t forget to give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️star rating in the recipe below!
- One recipe of left over Beer Beef Stew
- 1 small package frozen green beans or 1 can organic cut green beans, drained
- 1 can or pkg organic corn (optional)
- 1 small pkg organic peas, frozen (optional)
- 1 package phyllo dough, thawed (pie crust works well too)
- 1 egg (optional for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon water (optional for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 375° and Spray 4-6 oven safe soup bowls with non-stick cooking spray.
- Thaw and reheat stew and add green beans (optional corn and peas) until warmed through. Spoon desired amount of stew into prepared bowls
- Remove one sheet of phyllo at a time and roll until smooth. Cut slightly larger than bowl dimensions (square or round). Place on top of stew and brush lightly with egg wash.
- Place bowls on sheet pan to catch any drippings. Bake 15-30 minutes, until golden crust and stew is bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Sweese 503.101 Porcelain Ramekins for Baking - 12 Ounce Souffle Dish - Set of 4, White
- Wusthof Santoku knife 5 inch; Black
- Farberware Professional Ladle (Stainless Steel)
- Cuisinart MCP194-20N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 4-Quart Saucepan with Cover
- White Soup Mug, Bowl with Handle, Dinnerware Kitchen Essentials, Set of 4
- Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven, White
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
The nutritional information is estimated and may not be entirely accurate, at times it pulls information for suggestions and options which may increase calories, etc. Nutritional information will change based on used ingredients, quantities used, etc.