Looking for a simple, filling dinner? Have leftover stew or pot roast? These beef pot pies are scrumptious, filled with creamy winter veggies and topped with an easy puff pastry crust. Comfort food for a chilly day.
REPURPOSE YOUR LEFTOVERS WITH THESE DELICIOUS BEEF POT PIES
We always seem to have just enough leftover stew to make these, use any leftover beef stew or pot roast, since they both have a rich broth along with some veggies already cooked in. Or cook once use twice by making my Beer Beef Stew. These come together so quickly!
TIP | If you don’t want to eat it within days of each other, simply package leftover stew/pot roast and freeze, don’t forget to write what it’s for on the baggie or container.
How to Make Beef Pot Pies
Pour beef stew/pot roast into a medium pot and reheat until bubbly. If the stew was frozen, simply thaw first. If desired, add additional chopped potatoes, carrots, froze or canned green beans, and if desired corn and/or peas (optional). I prefer canned, weird I know, but blame it on elementary school hot lunches, always have loved canned green beans. Gross, I know!
Using non-stick spray, thoroughly spray desired number of bowls and fill with stew, making as large or small as your eater.
Remove one thawed phyllo dough sheet and roll out smooth, cut your square (or circle) slightly larger than your bowl. Lay on top of the bowl and brush lightly with an egg wash* if desired. Repeat to rest of bowls until all are covered.
TIP | For egg wash, crack an egg in a small bowl, add a tablespoon of water and mix until blended, brush tops for golden, glossy finish.
Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and phyllo is golden brown. Serve with a crisp salad.
My Sunday Pot Roast is also another great leftover to use for this recipe, or combine several to make your own unique beef pot pie!
TOOLS RECOMMENDED FOR THIS RECIPE
[amazon_link asins=’B07B8PQXXD,B073C7ZPLR,B01MU0C1F5,B000IYYFIQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’thefreshcoo0a-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b7305f6a-bbb7-11e8-bef8-990eb37d4bbe’]Print
A delicious way to use leftovers of my delicious beer beef stew making this wonderful beef pot pie.
- One recipe of left over Beer Beef Stew
- 1 small package frozen green beans or 1 can organic cut green beans, drained
- 1 can or pkg organic corn (optional)
- 1 small pkg organic peas, frozen (optional)
- 1 package phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 egg (optional for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon water (optional for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray 4-6 oven safe bowls with non-stick cooking spray.
- Thaw and reheat stew and add green beans (optional corn and peas) until warmed through
- Spoon desired amount of stew into prepared bowls
- Remove one sheet of phyllo at a time and roll until smooth.
- Cut slightly larger than bowl dimensions (square or round)
- Place on top of stew and brush lightly with egg wash
- Place bowls on sheet pan to catch any drippings.
- Bake 15-30 minutes, until golden crust and stew is bubbly.
Keywords: beef pot pie, pot pie, phyllo, comfort food, beef stew, leftovers