Creamy, packed with cheese and beautiful golden chunks of artichoke hearts, these little packages are the perfect make-ahead party snack!
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 wonton wrappers (generally found in the produce section of the store)
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan, mayonnaise and garlic powder, mixing well.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese and the artichokes.
- Mixture can be used at once or refrigerated, covered for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray two 12-cup mini muffin pans (or one and plan on baking twice) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press 1 wonton wrapper into each muffin cup, gently pushing down and folding in the sides/points a bit.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Wrappers may be used at once, or stored (once cooled) in a tightly covered container at room temp for up to 24 hours; replace in muffin pan before proceeding with filling.
- Fill each cup with 1 heaping teaspoon of artichoke mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with chives (if desired) and serve warm.
Copyright 2017 | This recipe for Artichoke Cheese Wontons was featured first on The Fresh Cooky.
This recipe was used with permission from Eliza Cross at Happy Simple Living.
Keywords: Artichoke Cheese Wontons, Appetizer, Holiday, parmesan, artichokes, holiday, make ahead