If you have left over stew, fantastic! Freeze it to make this delicious repurposing of your leftovers, nobody will even know it’s leftovers!
Thaw beef stew and reheat in pan or pot until bubbly. If desired, add frozen or canned green beans. I prefer canned, weird I know, but blame it on elementary school hot lunches, always have loved canned green beans. Gross, I know!
Using non-stick spray, thoroughly spray 4-6 oven safe bowls and fill with desired amount of stew per person.
Remove one thawed phyllo dough sheet and roll out smooth, cut your square (or circle) slightly larger than your bowl. Lay on top of the bowl and brush lightly with an egg wash if desired. It will give it a beautiful shine while it bakes. Repeat to rest of bowls until all are covered.
Place pot pies on sheet pan to collect any drippings during baking.
Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and phyllo is golden brown. Serve with a crisp salad.
- One recipe of left over Beer Beef Stew
- 1 small package frozen green beans or
- 1 can organic cut green beans, drained
- 1 package phyllo dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray 4-6 oven safe bowls with non-stick cooking spray.
- Thaw and reheat stew and add green beans until warmed through
- Spoon desired amount of stew into prepared bowls
- Remove one sheet of phyllo at a time and roll until smooth.
- Cut slightly larger than bowl dimensions (square or round)
- Place on top of stew and brush lightly with egg wash (1 egg, 1 tablespoon water, mixed well)
- Place bowls on sheet pan to catch any drippings.
- Bake 15-30 minutes, until golden crust and stew is bubbly.